Argos is creeping up on MFI
- DFS, Ikea and Arighi Bianci win retailer awards. // Cabinet Maker;01/26/2001, Issue 5222, p1
Reports that DFS, Ikea and Arighi Bianci has been named as the furniture industry's 2001 retailers of the year in Great Britain.
- Act now before the opportunity is lost forever. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p7
Encourages furniture retailers in Scotland and Northern Ireland to examine their operations in the wake of the planned opening of DFS company stores. Praise for the company's 1999 financial performance; Revamp of the `Tom and Jilli' advertisements; Share of the British upholstery market.
- Mid-market potential lifts MFI share price. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p5
Reports the increase in the share price gained by the MFI furniture industry from mid-market potential in Great Britain. Attraction of the customers to the cost-effective stores of the firm; Data on the market share of various furniture industries as of March 11, 2002; Percentage of pre-tax...
- Ikea to open in Ohio. // Furniture/Today;1/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p72
The article announces the opening of Ikea, a Swedish furniture retailer, on March 12, 2008 in Cincinnati, Ohio. According to Lonnie Rodgers II, manager of the store, the management is confident that the construction will be completed before the scheduled opening. The store will feature 10,000...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p43
The article presents information about the performance of the furniture and other industries during a particular week. It reports that it was a good week for fishing, but not for the furniture industry in Mexico. It was a bad week for Ikea AB. Its plans to expand in Russia have again been hit by...
- Ikea set for UK trial of online sales. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p5
The article reports that Ikea AB has launched a trial transactional Web site in Great Britain. The site is part of the retailer's expansion plans. It will be tested in the summer of 2006. It allows customers to browse products but they can only purchase the items in-store.
- Ikea eyes Salt Lake City. // Furniture/Today;12/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the plan of Ikea AB to build its first store in Salt Lake City, Utah. The 310,000-square-foot store is expected to open in spring 2007 on a site at the northwestern corner of Interstate 15 and Bangerter Highway. The store, along with 1,300 parking spaces, will occupy 22.5...
- Upholstery key to MFI growth. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p3
Discusses the decision of furniture retailer MFI of Great Britain to halt the expansion of its store numbers. Impact of its revised store format on retail sales; Plan of the company for upholstery products.
- Brock could return to MFI. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p3
The article reports on the proposal of Argyll Partners to David Brock to be the non-executive chairman of MFI Retail if its bid succeeds to buy the 215 stores. Moreover, if the bid succeeds and Brock accepts the job, it would be a homecoming for the former Homestyle executive chairman who left...