Multinational moves bring opportunities
- Shares jump at GUS as sales figures look up. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;8/6/2004, Issue 5400, p6
Reports on the increase in the profits of GUS PLC in Great Britain. Decline in the shares of Homestyle; Increment in the shares of GUS; Bid received by Minerva Property Group for Allders PLC.
- Trading statement boosts GUS shares. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p5
Reports on the performance of stocks of furniture firm GUS in Great Britain as of April 2001.
- Shares a mix of offsets and upsets. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p6
Reports developments related to share prices in several retailing and manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Total number of points lost by Gus company on a mixed trading statement; Decrease in shares of the Kingfisher PLC company in 2005; Increase in the second quarter sales of Marks &...
- Demerger details fail to restore GUS. // Cabinet Maker;4/14/2006, Issue 5483, p6
The article reports on the share performance of corporations involved in furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. GUS company lost 58 percent after confirming the demerger of the group into Argos Retail and Experian while Kingfisher PLC lost 14 percent after rumor mongers failed to...
- Results win faith in M&S and GUS. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/25/2005, Issue 5466, p6
The article reports on the performance of stocks of retailers in Great Britain. Sales of Marks & Spencer Group PLC fell in the six months to September by 0.2 percent. Financial analysts revised their price targets for the company and issued buy notes. Meanwhile, GUS PLC gained...
- Weak sales dull Tiffany's shares. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;4/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p38
Reports the pricing of the shares of stocks of Tiffany in New York City, New York. Evidence of signs of weakness in the fourth quarter; Expectation of stock gains; Control over inventory levels.
- Retail Issues Rebound. Owen, Erica // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/7/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 27, p2
No abstract available.
- Merger rumors offer Tiffany hope -- briefly. Butler, Elisabeth // Crain's New York Business;6/13/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p4
The article informs that Tiffany & Co. is a gem of a business. For investors, though, the company has a crucial flaw, a distinct lack of dynamism. Over the last five years, Tiffany's stock price has barely budged. It closed on Friday at $32.86 per share, down 11% from its level of 12 months ago....
- Retail Shares Outperform Broader Market. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/23/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 62, p18
The article reports on the market performance of retail stocks of various companies in the U.S., including Williams-Sonoma Inc., Tiffany & Co., and Dillard Inc. It states that retail stocks of those companies outperform broader market by 1.2%. It notes that William-Sonoma Inc.'s retail stocks...