Taking stock at Habitat
- INVENTORY ACCURACY. Polakoff, Joel C. // Management Review;Nov87, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p44
Discusses several inventory management strategies. Reasons why inventory inaccuracies occur; Use of high-technology solutions to manage inventories; Tangible benefits of using a manufacturing resource planning system.
- Stopped inventory is as dangerous as a blood clot. Andel, Tom // Transportation & Distribution;Jan95, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p106
Focuses on ways of managing warehousing inventory. Logistics systems of companies that keep inventory circulating; Benefits of inventory control; Shift of relationship between warehousing companies and customers from a transactional basis to a contractual one; Importance of costs in inventory...
- Software alone will not help your supply chain. // Aftermarket Business;Jan2002, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p48
Discusses key elements to realize full return on investment in supply chain planning software. Importance of experienced and skilled people; Suggestion to ensure everyone in supply chain is working towards a common goal.
- Mixed Messages on Ports. Gentry, Connie Robbins // Chain Store Age;Feb2007, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p46
The article calls on U.S. retailers not to ignore the issue of port congestion just because there were no major delays or interruptions reported in 2006 that would hinder global commerce and negatively impact inventory management. It states that partnering with a third-party logistics provider...
- Applying a New Integration of MCDM Techniques for Supplier Selection (Case Study: Pars Tire Company). Chaghooshi, Ahmad Jafarnejad; Fathi, Mohammad Reza; Faghih, Alireza; Zarchi, Mohammad Karimi // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;Feb2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p9
Nowadays, the problem of supplier selection has emerged as an active research field where numerous research papers have been published around this area within last few years. Supplier selection plays a key role in supply chain management (SCM) and deals with evaluation, ranking and selection of...
- Reconciling stock? Act now or pay laterâ€¦. Knowles, Tim // Food Manufacture;Nov2006, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p27
The article focuses on the reconciliation of stocks between a manufacturer and a third-party logistics provider in the U.S. The author discusses the importance of stock reconciliation as well as the problems that are encountered. Moreover, he talks about his experience in reconciling stocks...
- Reducing Costs, Gaining Visibility. Terreri, April // Food Logistics;May2008, Issue 104, p10A
The article presents information on LeanLogistics's On-Demand transportation management system (TMS) product used by Pinnacle Foods Group. The company has reduced its annual outbound freight bill 19 percent and its delivered cost per case by 17 percent through 2005 to 2007. Pinnacle wanted to...
- FIVE STRATEGIES TO AVOID PORT CONGESTION. Blanchard, Dave // Industry Week/IW;Oct2007, Vol. 256 Issue 10, p46
No abstract available.
- Inventory in motion. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/25/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p29
Focuses on the implementation of the inventory in motion strategy by Intel Corp. in order to improve its supply chain operations. Vision of Intel on its inventory in motion initiative; Goal of the company in launching the strategy; Investigation to be conducted by Intel to make its supply-chain...