New look for Furnitureland
- Troubleshooter Dickson moves on. Dickson, Peter // Cabinet Maker;6/3/2005, Issue 5441, p3
Reports on the resignation of Peter Dickson as chairman of Furnitureland Inc. in Great Britain. Views of Dickson on furniture retailing; Praise given by Bob Marsh of SB Capital Group to Dickson; Support of SB Capital to Furnitureland.
- Friends, enemies and speculation. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;6/3/2005, Issue 5441, p9
Comments on the departure of Peter Dickson as chairman of Furnitureland Inc. in Great Britain. Speculations of the former colleagues of Dickson and suppliers about his departure; Agreement of speculators on the package received by Dickson from the firm; Claims of the retailer and Dickson to...
- Furnitureland sales up 14%. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p3
The article presents information about Furnitureland Inc., which has reported a 14 percent rise in sales since December 26, 2004, bucking the downturn in the retail furniture sector. Steve Adams, joint managing director of the company, said that the furniture industry was in danger of talking...
- Lounge wizard. Johansen-Berg, Kate // In-Store Marketing;Jan2003, p18
Profiles Peter Dickson, executive chairman of British furniture retailer Kingdom of Leather (KoL). Dickson's opinion that there is a lack of style and personality in furniture retailing; Changes implemented by Dickson at his company; Effort to define the KoL brand and give it a clear image;...
- Furnitureland. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p11
Reports on the selection of Furnitureland as winner of the mystery shopper evaluations made in Great Britain for the first week of December 2000. Friendly greeting from salesperson; Helpful questions from salesgirl concerning the purchasing of furniture; Knowledgeability of sales staff on...
- A genuine fan of furniture trade. O'Dwyer, Steve // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p35
The article presents information about Steve O'Dwyer, a sales director at Island Cliff, a beds and bedroom furniture manufacturer and importer. After school he spent 11 years in the supermarket industry but became disillusioned and joined Allied Carpets as a store manager. He was sent on a...
- Tide turns in favour of New Year's Day opening. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p4
Reports that the furniture stores of Furnitureland, Uno and Harveys will be open on January 1, 2000.
- store openings. // Furniture/Today;7/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the openings of several stores related to furniture industry in the U.S. Drexel Heritage in Southlake, Texas; Design of the Interior in Winnetka, Illinois; Rowe Furniture in Kahului, Hawaii.
- Armani Casa Debuts at AtmosphÃ¨re in Santurce. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/22/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the acquisition of the exclusive distribution rights to Armani Casa collection by locally-owned upscale furniture retailer AtmosphÃ¨re in Puerto Rico. Sale of Armani Casa furniture and home accessories; Investment of the firm in the local market; Outstanding service and comfortable...