Logan Sheriff Stumps
- Tennessee. // American Jails;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p86
Reports that the Davidson County Sheriff's Office has received an award of nearly 85,000 dollars through the federal State Criminal Aliens Assistance Program in Tennessee. Federal payments to states.
- Morgan County. McDonald, Dawn // American Jails;May/Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p92
The article describes the Morgan County Sheriff's Office in Utah. The sheriff's office has eleven certified officers, and two office personnel. There are four district court sessions, eight county justice court sessions, and two city justice court sessions in an average month. The article also...
- North Carolina Might Authorize Introduction of Half-Cent Sales Tax by Counties. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p6
Reports on the plan of the North Carolina General Assembly to grant the counties the authority to enact a half-cent local option sales tax. Move of the House of Democrats in the state to solve budget crisis; Examination on the 440 million dollars funding proposals for the state; Details on the...
- SOUTH DAKOTA. Clement, Douglas // Fedgazette;Nov2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the decline of sales taxes in South Dakota in fiscal year 2002. Significance of sales taxes to the state's general fund; Decision of the South Dakota Legislature to draw on the state's reserve funds in February 2002; Completion of the sale of future state receipts from the 1998...
- Tax hike would benefit 370 Lakeside. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;7/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 28, pA1
The article reports on Proposition P, a city sales tax increase of four-tenths of a cent that could generate as much as 4.8 million U.S. dollars per year for Saint Peters, Missouri that would be used for storm water management and park improvements.
- Debtor prison. Guillet, Jaime // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the request made by Sheriff Marlin Gusman to increase the per-prisoner cost at Orleans Parish Prison in New Orleans, Louisiana. According to Gusman, the increase is a must, particularly if the city officials continue to claim public safety and crime as their top...
- Evolving Through Accreditation. Bittick, John C. // Corrections Today;Apr2003, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the accountability for the operation of jails and correction facilities through participation in the accreditation process in the U.S. Historical evolutions of the accountability for the operation of jails; Factors affecting jail management; Responsibilities of jail sheriffs.
- Crowded Jail Faces Deadline. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p29
The article reports that Cleveland County, North Carolina has considered a sales tax election to raise funds for a new county jail in Norman to replace the existing facility. The county has been warned of jail closure if a plan is not submitted to the Oklahoma Department of Health. No date was...
- Oklahoma County Asks State for Jail Funding Relief. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p6
Reports on the appeal for state jail funding relief by Oklahoma County in Oklahoma. Escalation in the number of state inmates; Occurrence of severe budget crisis; Avoidance of furloughs to state prison guards.