Call for Special Session
- Owens' MSA Switch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p37
Reports that Arizona Governor Bill Owens has announced that he has reversed his earlier position that the state should securitize its share of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement. Comment of the governor on tobacco bonds which is part of the agreement; Financial plan of Owens for the state;...
- Colorado returns money. // State Government News;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the signing of bills, mostly about tax cuts, by Colorado Governor Bill Owens on June 4, 1999. Description of some of the tax cut bills.
- Spending Fight. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p27
Reports that a group of lawmakers have asked the state Supreme Court to rule on the constitutionality of a proposed law that would prevent Governor Bill Owens from deciding how unbudgeted federal funds would be spent. Arguments concerning the federal-tax relief money given to Colorado in 2003.
- Colorado, Arkansas Governors Push Transportation Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p5
Reports on the state of the state address of Governors Mike Huckabee and Bill Owens requesting for massive debt issuance to fund transportation needs in the U.S. Request of the General Assembly to consider approving revenue bonds issuance for non-Interstate road improvements; Continuation of...
- 2003 public funds return. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov2003, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p74
Presents a chart depicting the U.S. and offshore public funds returns as of September 2003.
- Gibbons' road plan is no dead end but highway to victory. Muth, Chuck // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);5/28/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p20
The author reflects on Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons' "No New Taxes" policy. The governor put forward a plan to use future excess room tax revenue currently earmarked for less critical needs at the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority and redirect that money to areas of greater priority, like...
- Colorado. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p34
Reports that Colorado Governor Roy Romer will decide whether or not to call for a special session to decide whether the state should ask voters for permission to spend $40 million of excess tax collections. Result of a statewide poll on public spending.
- Louisiana Gov. Signs TIF Law Despite Controversial Golf Course Amendment. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/20/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32427, p3
The article provides updates on the approval of Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco, of a legislation concerning tax increment finance districts. It also mentions about the issues and concerns on the approval of the bill and the response of Blanco on the issues. Blanco believed that the...
- Wrong way. // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p0010
The article offers information on issues concerning Ohio Governor John Kasich's $72 billion two-year budget proposal dubbed as "Blueprint for Ohio." It notes that the proposed budget aims to increase taxes by $5.2 billion to compensate for the $5.9 billion in Kasich's proposed income- tax cuts,...