$600M Mass. Refunding Set For Today
- Cleaner water, but not clean enough. Foran, Jeffrey A.; Adler, Robert W. // Issues in Science & Technology;Winter93/94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p33
Discusses the amendments needed to strengthen the Clean Water Act (CWA) to reduce and control pollution of the United States' surface water. Objective of the CWA; Approaches used to control toxic substances discharged; Approaches to incorporate pollution-prevention strategy into the CWA; Means...
- Clean Water Legislation. // Congressional Digest;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p289
Focuses on legislation regarding the Clean Water Act and on water quality in the United States. Commitment to protecting the country's natural resources; Passage of legislation that is intended to make the Clean Water Act more flexible and provide regulatory relief for businesses, States, local...
- The Clean Water Act. // Congressional Digest;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p291
Discusses the status of current programs of the Clean Water Act. Funding municipal wastewater treatment; Wet weather issues; Nonpoint source pollution; Combined sewer overflows; Critical areas; Sensitive habitats; Industrial pretreatment and toxic pollutant control; Market incentives;...
- Bill Summary. // Congressional Digest;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p296
Summarizes House Bill number 961 whose purpose is to reauthorize and amend the Clean Water Act to provide a flexible, scientifically sound, and cost-effective basis on which to maintain and continue improvements in water quality. Unfunded mandates; Nonpoint source discharges; Stormwater;...
- Recent Action in Congress. // Congressional Digest;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p299
Reports on actions in Congress related to the Clean Water Act. Hearings and water quality legislation in both the 102nd and 103rd Congresses; Outlook.
- Should Congress Pass H.R. 961, the Clean Water Act Amendments of 1995? PRO. // Congressional Digest;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p300
Presents comments from congressmen who support the approval of the Clean Water Act Amendments of 1995. Includes Bud Shuster; Pat Roberts; Thomas Ewing; Bill Emerson.
- Should Congress Pass H.R. 961, the Clean Water Act Amendments of 1995? CON. // Congressional Digest;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p301
Presents comments from congressmen who oppose the approval of the Clean Water Act Amendments of 1995. Includes Norman Y. Mineta; Nick J. Rahall; Sherwood Boehlert.
- A developer's dream: The United States Claims Court's new analysis of section 404 takings... Hanley, Thomas // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Fall/Winter91, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p317
Examines the flaws in the US Claims Court's revised interpretation of the 1972 Clean Water Act's (CWA) section 404 takings claims. Refusal to consider the environmental harm caused by destroying wetlands; Misinterpretation of the US Supreme Court's decision in `Keystone Bituminous Coal...
- WATER POLLUTION--Corn Refiners Association v. Costle--Justifiable Upset Over Excursions? Floy, Kent R. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter80, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p418
A purpose for this article is to discuss the statutory and administrative background to the Corn Refiners decision. Following this discussion, the Corn Refiners decision will be considered. Lastly, recently promulgated EPA provisions will be examined in light of the Corn Refiners decision.