Civilian's Swiftness Saves Shocked Tech
- A Breath of Fresh Air. Weissman, Rachel X. // American Demographics;Jul99, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the launching of the Media Oxygen cable television network aimed for women. Marketing relationships being considered by the network; Challenges to be faced by Oxygen.
- Crash gives MSNBC crisis test. Walley, Wayne // Electronic Media;7/22/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p32
Reports on MSNBC cable television network's performance in its coverage of the TWA Flight 800 crash off Long Island, New York State in July 1996. Details of their coverage; Comparison to other networks; Comment by Mike Harrington, vice president and general manager of the network; Lessons...
- MSNBC blankets big story. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;7/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 31, p35
Reports on how NBC's new all-news cable network MSNBC covered the TWA Flight 800 explosion off Long Island, New York. Media watchers' compliments to MSNBC's first effort at continuous news.
- Reporter hit by car on-air. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the injuries sustained by Jane Boal, a reporter for WGN-TV in Chicago, Illinois, when a car hit her while she was reporting live for a noon newscast. Details of the accident; Name of the car's driver; Comments from industry veterans; Dangers posed on field reporters.
- Discovery's discovery. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;05/10/99, Vol. 129 Issue 20, p32
Reports on Discovery Channel's attempt to recover the Liberty Bell 7 Mercury spacecraft which sank into the Atlantic Ocean. Initial data on the recovery efforts posted on Discovery's Web site; Location of the capsule; Purpose of the mission.
- Still in-your-face television. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/05/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p27
Focuses on the influence of television (TV) programs on the behavior of individuals in the United States. Occurrence of accidents due to stunt imitations; Refusal of Music Television to hold responsibility for the accident of teenager Jason Lind; Broadcast of the TV program 'Jackass' despite...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.