Understanding Pay-for Performance Programs
- Giving Thanks. // Government Executive;8/15/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on performance awards. Federal managers have several options, according to the Merit Systems Protection Board. Agencies can periodically award appropriate items of nominal value.
- merit pay for college faculty? Johnston, James J. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Spring78, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p44
Comments on the use of merit pay as an incentive award for university faculty. Organizations where merit pay should not be used as an incentive; Problems that may be caused by the merit-pay system.
- Managing the reputation of an award to motivate performance. Gavrila, C.; Caulkins, J.P.; Feichtinger, G.; Tragler, G.; Hartl, R.F. // Mathematical Methods of Operations Research;2005, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p1
Managers wish to motivate workers to exert effort. There is large literature on the use of wages and monetary incentives for this purpose, but in practice the �honor� or �prestige� of an award can be a significant motivator as well, unless the award is given so often that its prestige is...
- Fla. Teachers' Union To Offer Alternate Merit- Pay Plan to Council. Walton, Susan // Education Week;10/26/1983, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that Florida Education Association/United (FEAU) has developed a plan to offer alternate merit-pay system. The FEAU's plan includes elements of other incentive plans for teachers' pay and is intended to improve conditions for both teachers and students. According to Richard...
- WEIGHING PAY INCENTIVES. Sammer, Joanne // HRMagazine;Jun2007, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p64
The article discusses the factors to consider in setting incentive plans for employees. According to Mark Davis, managing principal of the Valitus Group Inc., a human resource department should involve senior executives and functional group leaders in drafting an incentive plan. A company needs...
- Value-Related Issues in a Departmental Merit Pay Plan. Hanshaw, Larry G. // Professional Educator;Spring2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p57
This article presents a faculty-designed merit pay plan along with a discussion of some of its perceived values. The merit pay plan discussed here advocates that (1) there is a need among teacher education faculty to have control over the design and implementation of any merit pay process that...
- Thoughts on Providing Employee Incentives. // Thoughts on Providing Employee Incentives;Feb2012, p1
Video Length: One minute and 6 seconds. Insight on managing employees and providing incentives.
- It pays to produce. Versel, Neil // Modern Physician;Aug2001, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the performance-based compensation system in physician hospital organizations. Opportunities in proper incentive program; Importance of an effective physician productivity; Differences seen by PracticePlus Chief Executive Mike Heck as the physicians have switched to...
- Measured success? Pachetti, Nick // Money;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p22
Discusses two studies released in March 2002 which show the first decrease in executive pay in a decade. Conclusions of Pearl Meyer & Partners as well as the 'Wall Street Journal' and consulting firm William Mercer; View that both studies seem to suggest the idea of pay for performance is...