- INTERNATIONAL MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS: A JUMP DIFFUSION MODEL APPLICATION. Kiymaz, Halil; Kilic, Osman // Journal of Economics & Finance;Summer2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p239
This paper empirically investigates international mergers and acquisitions (M&As) of foreign targets and bidders by analyzing the stock price behavior of the firms involved. The jump diffusion model is employed to study the effects of the M&A announcements on stock prices. The results indicate...
- CORPORATE FEES. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/22/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 36, p30
Several charts related to corporate payments in the U.S. are presented, including the mode of payment in merger and acquisitions (M&A) deals from 2004 to 2008, the target M&A premium over stock price from 2004 to 2008, and the convertible issuer fees paid in 2008.
- SHARE WATCH. // Electronics Weekly;4/13/2005, Issue 2189, p12
The article reports that the shares of 63 listed companies are monitored on a weekly basis after the close of trading on Wednesday. The EW Index was factored to 100 on August 26 1998 and includes all firms covered by Share watch. Amino's shares have been on the slide since the end of December...
- Activists Adapt. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses how activist investors cope with the financial crisis and depressed merger and acquisition (M&A) market in the U.S. The effective strategy where investors could build up a stake and later go public with the notion that the targeted company should seek a sale is now...
- Stocks Drift Lower As Biotechs Tumble. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;11/14/2014, p00
Stocks drifted mostly lower Friday with a little more than one hour left in the session, with medical stocks leading the way down. Volume in the
- Impact of Takeover Defenses in Japan. Yanagawa, Noriyuki // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;May/Jun2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p20
The article summarizes the impact of Japanese anti-takeover measures that are intended to defend the company against the take-over bids by outside investor. It explains that Japanese firms' adoption of takeover defenses has not been extensive. The limited use of defensive measures is found to...
- Sweet and sour. Jargon, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;4/24/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co., has announced a special dividend that will create about 70 million of the Class B shares that carry the super-voting power the Wrigley family has used to maintain control of the company. The board and management Class B shares convert to common stock...
- Buyers Hold the Line On M&A Bids. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the decline in merger & acquisition prices as of the first quarter of 2004. Factors attributed to the pricing inconsistency; Increase in deal announcements during the first quarter; Indication of the contraction in stock price premiums.
- DO WE IDENTIFY SYNERGIES IN PUBLIC MERGERS/ACQUSITIONS: BEFORE AND DURING THE ECONOMIC CRISIS. Resceanu, Oana // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2011, Vol. 1, p110
The aim of mergers and acquisitions is to create wealth for the shareholders and usually this is accomplished through synergistic expectations. However the evaluation and identification of synergies in mergers and acquisitions is one of the important issues in Corporate Finance. In this paper it...