Another IPO Bites the Dust
- Hawke-ing Stock. Freedman, Jonah // Money;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p47
The article reports that investors are being offered the opportunity to buy stock in an IPO for a Hollywood film. If you've always wanted to tap your inner movie mogul, now might be your chance. Civilian Capital, founded in 2000, is making its underwriting debut with an offer to high-net-worth...
- Ethan Wants You to Be a Producer. Adkins, Greg; Wren, Jennifer; Chiu, Alexis; Gold, Todd; Keel, Beverly; Mayo, Keenan; Mikelbank, Peter; Norman, Pete; Nussbaum, Gail; Stadler, Laura; Watson, Jeanette; Wright, Katie // People;7/14/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p20
Mentions that the film "Billy Dead" will be the first movie to be financed via a public offering of stock. Executive producing role for Ethan Hawke; Cost of one of the 900,000 shares of stock that Civilian Capital Inc. hopes to sell in order to raise $7.9 million to finance the movie.
- WHAT'S NEXT? MOVIE IPOs. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/28/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 17, p32
After more than two-and-a-half years of preparation, the startup entertainment financing company on April 18, 2003 registered for the very first initial public offering of an individual movie in the history of the entertainment business-Billy Dead Inc. Civilian Capital, an NASD-registered...
- Lessons in Dealing With the Media. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/8/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p22
Reports that NASD-registered broker and dealer Civilian Capital was asked to stop its initial public offering and clarify any risks to investors before it could proceed. Civilian's financing of the production of its first film "Billy Dead" starring Ethan Hawke; Details of the inaccuracies in...
- COMMENT: PUBLIC OFFERINGS AND PRIVATE SALES OF SECURITIES. Singh, Ajai // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p501
Examines the relationship between public offerings and private sales of securities. Conversion of securities into a common stock; Implication of the sale of undervalued stocks for the market value of stockholders; Reduction of the agency costs.
- High Hopes. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including China's emerging market, private equity, and initial public offerings (IPO).
- Bankers Think PE Will Fuel IPOs, Survey Finds. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by BDO Seidman LLP which reveals that investment bank executives are anticipating an increase of initial public offerings (IPOs) from private-equity owned companies in the U.S.
- Any Lock That Ain't Locked. // NACD Directorship;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p80
The author offers his opinion on private equity stocks and Initial public offering of a company.
- Coming Soon: First Movie IPO. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the release of the first initial public offering for an individual movie prepared by entertainment financier Civilian Capital. Interest of investors in motion pictures finance; Mechanics of the investment deal; Importance of celebrity presence and promotion.