S&P Bets on European Outsourcing
- S&P monitoring sub-prime fallout. Egan, Liam // Money Management;7/26/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p12
The article reports on the warning of Basis Capital on limiting investors withdrawals to avoid the collapse of the firm in Australia. Due to Basis warning, the Fund Services of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) will seek a meeting with the firm's management to discuss the underperformance of its...
- Retail Stocks Down 0.6%. Karr, Arnold J.; Casabona, Liza // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/19/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 37, p25
The article discusses the decline of retail stocks due to continued anxiety about the economy in the U.S. It states that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) Retail Index was down 1.53 points after a lively bounce. It notes that Charming Shoppes Inc. also suffered a decline of its stocks. According to...
- A time to be cautious? Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;07/13/98, Vol. 75 Issue 13, p18
Reports that according to rating company Standard and Poor's, it is wise not to increase percentage of stocks in portfolios. Why they made this recommendation; Details on the recommendations from Standard and Poor's.
- S&P Downgrades Conseco Credit . // American Banker;8/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 149, p11
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has decreased its counterparty credit ratings on Conseco Inc. from B to CCC-plus grade. Reason for decreasing the rating on Conseco; Amount of principle and interest payments due on Conseco.
- 'S&P is confusing investors by dropping IMA classifications' Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;7/24/2003, p56
Examines the row between the IMA and Standard & Poor's (S&P) over its plan to remove the trade body's sector classifications on some products in favor of its own. Replacement the IMA Fund Expert broker tool and website with the global investment fund sector classification of S&P; Claim by S&P...
- Standard & Poor's Top 10s. // Money Marketing;6/10/2004, p28
Presents several charts depicting the top ten financial service companies ranked by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Great Britain.
- Standard & Poor's Top 10s. // Money Marketing;4/22/2004, p26
Presents several graphs depicting the top ten financial service companies ranked by Standard & Poor's.
- S&P Puts Mutual Fund Services Under One Umbrella. Winokur, Cheryl // American Banker;4/26/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 78, p18
States that Standard & Poor has merged its mutual fund services into a single unit. Reason for the move; Total number of employees of the combined unit.
- S&P hikes Avon Products rating. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/27/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 60, p2
Reports from New York, that Standard & Poor has increased the ratings on the debt of Avon Products Incorporated. Details of the increase on Avon Capital Corporation's debt; Statement from S&P about the upgrade; Statistics on Avon's fourth quarter income; Reason for the closure of the Avon stock.