The Coors/Merrill Saga
- Will Holdout States Spoil Merrill Pact With N.Y.? Julavits, Robert // American Banker;8/29/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 166, p1
Reports that as many as seven U.S. states are holding out of a $100 million settlement pact with Merrill Lynch & Co. which offered the firm to resolve all state legal problems associated with the probe. Announcement of the settlement by New York Attorney General after the investigation of the...
- INDUSTRY UPDATE: United States. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;March 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p84
Presents an update on the financial services industry in the United States, compiled as of March 2003. Accusations of securities fraud against Credit Suisse First Boston and Citigroup; Plans of the Securities and Exchange Commission to overhaul hedge fund activities; Investment of Goldman Sachs...
- IDD Out Takes. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p6
Reports on developments concerning financial services industry in the U.S., compiled as of March 2004. Merger and acquisition operations of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.; Fine of Bank of America Corp. for allegedly failing to produce documents promptly for an investigation into activities of...
- DATABASE. // High Yield Report;6/23/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p8
Ranks bond issue arrangers based on proceeds from January 1 to June 28, 2003. Citigroup Inc.; Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.; Deutsche Bank AG.
- Fees Edge Down In High Yield. Sargent, Carolyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the performance of the securities industry in the United States in 2004. The preponderance of financial sponsors in last year's market to finance buyouts may have also reduced spreads. According to Thomson Financial, in 2004, the average disclosed high-yield underwriting...
- SONIA SOTOMAYOR HAS VARIED RECORD IN BUSINESS CASES. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;6/1/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p27
The article outlines the business-related cases in which U.S. Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor has been involved as both a federal district court and appeals court judge. She issued a temporary injunction that restored terms and conditions of employment provided under an expired collective...
- Executive Shuffle at CS First Boston. Bloomberg News // American Banker;8/19/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 160, p20
Focuses on Credit Suisse First Boston. Selection of Bayo Ogunlesi for the position of executive vice chairman and chief client officer; Career highlights of Ogunlesi and chief executive Brady Dougan; Duties of Brian Finn, Credit Swisse First co-president of institutional securities.
- Prime Brokers Add Fixed-Income To Menu. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p7
Reports that several hedge funds prime brokerage firms have started offering fixed-income trading to their clients. Prime-brokerage unit of Credit Suisse First Boston; Emphasis of hedge fund managers on diversification of their portfolios; Merger of Citigroup's fixed-income services with its...
- CSFB, Citigroup Battle For Top Spot. // High Yield Report;4/5/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p1
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) is under increasing pressure from rival Citigroup in the battle for market share. Rankings compiled by Thomson; CSFB on top of the list of underwriters; Top U.S. underwriter for the past four years.