Getting Back to Basics
- Nick and the Power of Broadband. // CableFAX Daily;3/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p2
Provides information on the plan of cable television network Nickelodeon to invest in developing content for non-TV services as of March 10, 2006. Actions taken by the network to fulfill its plan; Background of the linear series developed by Nickelodeon; Number of TV series being developed by...
- Laffers loom large in lineup. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/8/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 45, pB2
Focuses on the rise of sitcoms at FX cable television network in the U.S. Increase of unscripted, comedy, drama and telepic genres; Development of producer's first basic cable series; Concentration on contemporary stories.
- Wrapping Up a Philosophy. Hill, Lee Alan; Hall, Lee // Television Week;6/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the strategies adopted by the cable television company USA Network in television programming. Factors being considered by the network in looking for character-based shows; Concept of the television program "Monk" and "The 4400"; Information on the network's television program genres...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/11/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 15, p12
Presents statistical data on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of April 2005. Commercial television stations; Cable and direct broadcast satellite services; Rating of syndicated television programs.
- Networks Love Genre-Based Lineups. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p34
Presents the views of cable television networks in the U.S. on the concept of grouping networks by genre. Information on the test being conducted by Comcast Cable in line with grouping networks by genre; Impact of grouping networks by genre on subscribers; Initiative of Comcast in line with...
- Varied Series Drive Cable's Summer Surge. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p1
Reports an increase in cable television prime time viewership in the U.S. from May 26 through August 24, 2003. Variations in the types of shows offered by cable channels; Competition between broadcast and cable networks; Increase in the shares for advertising-supported cable networks.
- Remade DBS braces for '99. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;12/21/98, Vol. 128 Issue 52, p4
Focuses on the competition between direct broadcasting satellite (DBS) and cable television industries in the United States. Comments from Bear, Stearns analyst Vijay Jayant; Companies consolidating in the satellite television industry; Percentage increase of DBS subscriber in 1998.
- Playboy jumps on triple-X movies. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/24/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 18, p8
Reports that Playboy TV is introducing its own triple-X movies in October 2000, following the launch of the Hot Network owned by AT&T. Market response to the Hot Network; Movies lined up for the initial telecast of the pay-per-view programming dubbed 'Director's Cut'; Ability of cable operators...
- Buzz Off. Bianculli, David // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p10
The article discusses the increasing competition among television networks in the U.S. It cites that the broadcast networks have increasingly ceded the competition to cable, and even broadband. It also cites that while it is true that most cable shows still get little viewership compare to...