RCN Goes General for VoIP Gateway
- MIERCOM VoIP TEST SCENARIOS. // Network World;03/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on results of voice-over Internet Protocol interoperability tests. Basic call completion between two endpoints; Placement of calls between one endpoint through a gatekeeper to another end node; Gatekeeper-to-gatekeeper communication across domains.
- Gatekeeper ConFirmation. // Network Dictionary;2007, p210
A definition of the term "Gatekeeper ConFirmation" (GCF) in networking and telecommunication is presented. GCF refers to a Registration, Admission and Status message sent as a gatekeeper confirmation under H.323 voice-over-Internet protocol networking.
- Gateway. // Network Dictionary;2007, p210
An encyclopedia entry for the term "Gateway" in networking and telecommunication is presented. It refers to a device in the network which allows devices with different protocol bases to communicate to each other by doing certain protocol mapping and translation. Through converging protocols, a...
- AVAYA DEBUTS NEW LINE OF GATEWAYS THAT PROTECT NETWORKS. // Computer Security Update;Sep2003, p3
Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based Avaya Inc., a leading global provider of communications networks and services for businesses, has launched five new security gateways that significantly increase the security and simplify the deployment of Internet protocol (IP) telephony applications on converged...
- TELCO GIVES ACCESS211 VOIP GATEWAY A FACELIFT. // Tele-Service News;Mar2006, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
Provides information on the redesigned Access211 VoIP Media gateway developed by Telco Systems. Cost effectiveness of the technology; Advantages among other VoIP gateways; Technical features.
- IPsec-Based VoIP Performance in WLAN Environments. Ya-Chin Sung; Yi-Bing Lin // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p77
The Third-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) specifies 3G-WLAN interworking that lets mobile stations (MSs) access 3G networks via WLAN- based packet data gateways (PDGs). The specification mandates that packets delivered between an MS and a PDG should be protected by lPsec. This article...
- BERONET AND 3CX VOIP COMPANIES FORM PARTNERSHIP. // Computer Protocols;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the strategic partnership between gateway maker beroNet and 3CX, the developer of 3CX Voice over Internet Protocol Phone System and 3CX Mobile Device Manager online service, to ensure interoperability of their communication technologies, as of February 2014. Topics...
- Presence Networks: collaboration outside the firewall. // MarketWatch: Technology;Aug2007, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the declaration of Presence Networks that it made enhancements for its Networker 4.0, a secure transport gateway for real-time unified communications. Enhancements include overall security, performance and ease if use of Networker. The product incorporates messaging and...
- Bangladesh moves to privatize gateways. Hossain, Mustaf // Telecom Asia;Oct2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the decision to open international gateways to the private sector by the government in Bangladesh. The decision is part of much-awaited International Long Distance Telecommunication Services policy which legalizes VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol). The government also...