- Think Like an Underdog. Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;7/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p64
The author reflects on the developments in cable industry in the U.S. He states that, in the 1940s, the industry was a spunky upstart trying to get a toehold in the mercurial telecommunications world. He points out that, after 60 years of innovation, cable is poised to reign supreme against all...
- Industry stocks. // Multichannel News;11/8/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p46
Presents information on the stock market performance of cable television and telecommunications companies in the United States, as of November 2, 1999. Multisystem operators; Equipment vendors; Direct broadcast satellite/wireless cable. INSET: DSL.net takes on second tier..
- Industry stocks. // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p58
Presents statistics reflecting the stock performance of cable television and other telecommunication companies in the United States as of November 22, 1999. Multiple system operators; Programmers; Equipment vendors; Direct broadcast satellite and wireless cable. INSET: Rhythms tries to catch beat..
- STOCK FOCUS. // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p86
Focuses on United States cable television and telecommunication stocks, as of November 14, 2000. Competitive local-exchange carrier Allegiance Telecom; Top five gainers and losers; Indexes.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p52
Reports on the stock performance of publicly-traded cable and telecommunication companies in the United States as of May 16, 2000. Percentage changes in stock prices; 52-week highs and lows; Focus on the stock performance of Liberty Digital Inc.
- Pegasus to offer more channels. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;6/24/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p41
Reports on Pegasus Communications' plan to increase its channel capacity by September 1, 1999 in Puerto Rico. Number of additional channels to be offered after renovation of its system; Amount of investment to be made by Pegasus for the project; Launching of cable service in the small west...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p28
Presents updates on the performance of stocks in the cable TV programming industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Gains of Telewest Communications PLC; Losses of Blonder Tongue; Closing price of Adelphia Communications Corp.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);
Presents news briefs on cable and telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Resignation of Marc Osgoode from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association; Lawsuit filed by Comcast Communications against Liberty Media subsidiary Starz Encore; Court approval sought...
- This Just in. // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p8
Presents news items related to the field of cable television and telecommunication as of July 28, 2003 in the U.S. Appointment of two independent members to board of directors by Adelphia Communications Corp.; Launch of men's channel Mav'rick Entertainment Network; Selection of National cable...