Phone Plan Could Cost Cable $200M
- DRIVING DOCSIS 3.0. Brown, Karen // CED;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p18
Reports on CableLabs Inc.'s development of DOCSIS 3.0 specification to help cable operators turn their single-lane cable modem services into multi-lane, super data highways in the United States. Benefits of channel bonding to multisystems operators; Spreading of data over multichannels in...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;6/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 114, p2
Reports on the increase in the revenue of U.S. cable network in 2005. Revenue posted by ESPN, Nickelodeon, TNT and other cable companies; Percentage of U.S. pay-television subscribers that are dissatisfied with their service; Forecast on the telecommunication industry.
- DISH Network Boasts 33% Q3 Revenue Rise. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p10
Reports an increase in the total revenue for the broadcast stellite of the DISH Network system in Littleton, Colorado.
- CABLE GOES TO WORK. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;10/17/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 20, p20
Reports on the decline of revenue from video in cable industry in the U.S. Increase of cable modem additions; Use of broadband infrastructure to tap into the business segment.
- Destination 2010. Nelson, Mary // Communications Technology;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p48
The article presents information about the Society of Cable Telecommunication Engineers Conference on Emerging Technologies 2006. The conference's program subcommittee have decided several provocative issues that would be considered in it. It can be safely predicted that there would be more...
- Cablevision price cuts irk market. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/22/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 55, p6
Reports on the cut-price triple-play bundle of video, data and unlimited long-distance voice call offered by Cablevision in the United States. Price competition among cable and telecommunication providers; Speculation on the competitive response of regional Bell operating companies.
- Switching gears. Santo, Brian // CED;May2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p3
The author deals with CableLabs Inc. which has embarked on the Data over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.0 generation for their certification/qualification process for cable infrastructure equipment. He states that in the DOCSIS 3.0 generation, CableLabs is going to start...
- GCI: Buy TV, get data free. // Multichannel News;2/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p22
Reports on LiteSpeed cable-modem service offered by GCI Inc., a cable and telecommunications company in Alaska. Download speed of the service; Target market of GCI; Features of the LiteSpeed Plus service package.
- 'Packet bonding' wins spot in DOCSIS 3.0. // CED;Jun2005, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on the selection of packet bonding technique by CableLabs Inc. over a rival technique for the emerging DOCSIS 3.0 specification and modular-cable modem termination system (M-CMTS) architecture. DOCSIS 3.0 and the M-CMTS projects are somewhat independent but on...