Cautious on the Content Side
- Discovery pushes more content. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/10/2003, p12
Reports on the introduction of additional hours of content by Discovery Networks Asia to improve its programming. Reasons behind the introduction of additional hours; Strategy adopted by company to focus on theme based programs; Decision to increase broadcasting of programs; Plans of the...
- BREAKING... // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p5
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 2003. Promotion of Jack Sander at Belo; Plans of Liberty Media to acquire Cox Communications' share of Discovery Networks; Launch of the TV program "Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital," in ABC.
- ACTION CARDS. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the operations of the U.S.-based television broadcasting company Travel Channel citing high ratings for its broadcast of the World Poker Tour in 2007. It was swapped to cable operator Cox Communications in 2005 by Discovery Communications and became an independent network...
- Discovery Channel Pioneered Format. Jones, Jacque // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p22
Focuses on the pioneering work of John Hendricks, founder of the Discovery Channel in the documentary television business in the U.S. History of the Discovery Channel; Popular documentary programs of the cable network; Success of the Discovery Channel.
- TLC's Fashion Police. Stilson, Janet // Television Week;10/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p20
Deals with the British television program "What Not to Wear" from TLC. Concept behind the show; Television ratings as of October 27, 2003; Outlook for the show.
- It's All About the Family Thing. Stilson, Janet // Television Week;10/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p20
Presents information on the U.S. television program "American Chopper" from Discovery Channel. Background on the creation of the show; Television ratings as of October 27, 2003; Response of its viewers.
- 'ATLAS HD' SPECTACLE ON TRACK. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the decision of Discovery Communications to launch its high definition television program "Atlas HD" in 2006. Reasons behind the delay of the launch of the program; Concept of the television program; Countries that will be featured in the television program.
- Discovery Networks. // Advertising Age;5/19/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 20, pC34
The article presents a profile on cable television network Discovery Networks Inc. and its programs as of May 2003. The knowledge network has a new programming lineup for the year. It will introduce "Monster House," where houses are transformed into extreme themes such as a 1970s disco or a...
- TODAY'S SUNRISE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY . . . Bulik, Beth Snyder // Advertising Age;2/26/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses advertising during the television program "Sunrise Earth," which is aired on Discovery HD Theater. The program, which was first aired in 2003, shows the first hour of daylight in various locations around the globe. Discovery HD has capitalized on the program's popularity by...