Ahead of the Curve
- CABLE ON THE TABLE. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/3/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Cox Enterprises Inc. has launched a buyout bid for cable television provider, Cox Communications. Amount of bid placed by Cox Enterprises; Vote of confidence for the company according to Cox spokesman Bob Jimenez.
- TuTv networks land Cox carriage. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;8/25/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the carriage deal made by pay television TuTv with Cox Communications Inc. in Miami, Florida. Terms of the deal; Schedule of the launch of the TuTv channels; Target market of TuTv.
- Cox Gets Southern Calif. Employees Into Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p46
This article reports on the move of Cox Communications Inc. to audition its employees at Orange County and Palos Verdes, California for series of TV and print advertisements aimed at building its image as the hometown cable television provider. Cox Communications will be facing competition from...
- I Want My Pay TV. // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p50
Presents a graphical representation of the growth of pay for television subscription in Latin America from 1998 to 2001.
- Cablers try digital entry. Foreman, Liza // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p24
Unveils plans for the relaunch of the digital pay television (TV) market and Premiere World in Germany. Role of Leo Kirch in the digital pay TV market; TV network executives who are participating in the launching; Applicants for digital pay TV.
- AXN increases relevance to go up against terrestrials. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p19
Focuses on development plans of action and adventure pay-television channel AXN to increase its viewership in Indian subcontinent. Special program started by the channel for its viewers in South Asia; Reason for launching the India special program; Advertising support received by the program.
- Govt static for pay TV licensees. Bilan, Rica // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
Reports that pay television licensees in Hong Kong, China, are still in negotiations with the Chinese government over licensing fees two months after licenses were announced. Number of pay TV licenses issued; Conditions set by the government in relation to pay TV licenses; Aims in the issuance...
- Latin love for pay TV could be fading. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;02/08/99, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the results of a study on pay television in Latin America. Growth of the market; Effects of currency devaluation on the United States cablers; Increase in advertising sales.
- Hong Kong's pay TV reform hits bumps. Hansen, Jeremy // Daily Variety;11/01/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 43, p8
Reports on developments concerning pay television in Hong Kong, China. Percentage of the population catered to by the television service; Television companies that provide pay services; Impact of political events on the status of pay television in the country.