Court TV to 'Chase' Comcast Subs
- 'Confessions' off Court TV docket. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;09/19/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 43, p4
Reports the cancellation of the reality show 'Confessions' after only two episodes from the programming of Court TV cable network in New York. Features of the show; Criticisms from the viewing public as reason for the cancellation; Implications of the decision for the network's sensitivity.
- truTV Serves Texas Tea. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/16/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p9
The article reviews the reality truTV show "Black Gold," which concerns the lives of the wildcatters who drill for oil in the dangerous oil fields of West Texas.
- TruTV pins Ventura. Flaherty, Mike // Daily Variety;9/30/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 61, p14
The article reports on Minnesota actor and governor Jesse Ventura's deal with American cable television network truTV to be its new reality-show host. Accordingly, Ventura will be traveling to various locales to investigate the validity of various conspiracy theories and after which he will give...
- Court TV will air 'Shocking' series. Nordyke, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/25/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 43, p6
The article reports that Courtroom Television Network on August 24, 2006 announced a new reality series from the company Nash Entertainment, "Most Shocking." The series will focus on the most outrageous crimes caught on tape. It will feature crime footage from all over the world. "Most Shocking"...
- Marketing:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p2
The article reports that Court TV will use America Online's television site to advertise and market its television programs. The reality series "Parco, P.I." will be promoted by Court TV.
- Gavel Comes Down on Court TV. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p4
The article focuses on the plan of Court TV to replace its courtroom coverage with reality shows, following its acquisition by Turner Broadcasting System in a deal with Liberty Media. The name of Court TV will be changed to truTV starting January 1, 2008. Nielsen Media Research will measure the...
- Comcast, Court TV Violated Caption Rules. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the violation of caption rule for television programming by Comcast Corp. and cable television network Court TV in the United States. Failure of the companies to provide closed-captioned programming for the hearing impaired; Need for Comcast to ensure federal compliance.
- Premieres boost cable nets. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/11/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 51, p36
Presents updates on cable television programs in the United States for the week of December 11, 2000. Debut of 'Queer As Folk,' on Showtime; Launching of a reality program on Court TV.
- The D-Team. Wolk, Josh // Entertainment Weekly;8/19/2005, Issue 834, p132
Features the Battle of the Network Reality Stars at the Pepperdine University in Malibu, California in June 2005.