Comcast Subpoenaed In Md. Probe
- Face-to-face limits mooted. Hudson, Sophie // Third Sector;2/14/2012, Issue 694, p6
The article reports on the plan of Newcastle City Council in Great Britain to launch by-laws restricting the areas and times for street fundraisers to operate in the city.
- Corrections & Clarifications. // Wilson County News;6/25/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p5A
A correction to the article "City council OKs outsized sign" that was published in the June 18, 2014 issue is presented.
- Investing in regional. // Travel Daily;1/27/2015, p8
The article reports that Infrastructure New South Wales plans to team-up with the City Councils of Wollongong and New Castle to develop cultural and tourism hubs in regional areas in New South Wales.
- Instead of selling assets, lose half the clowns in city's 'rogues' circus' // Crain's Chicago Business;12/21/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 51, p14
The article presents the author's opinion on reducing the number of city council members in Chicago, Illinois. The author suggests that if Chicago wants to save tens of millions of dollars a year, one strategy is to go from 50 wards to 25. While geographical representation in a city the size of...
- Chicago Council Approves Sale of $900M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32606, p1
The article reports on the move of the Chicago City Council on selling up to $900 million of new and refunding general obligation bonds in Chicago, Illinois. The deal has been expected to include the $366 million of 30-year new-money bonds, as well as the $250 million of refunding bonds....
- Tulsa City Council OKs $76M for New 15-Story City Hall Building. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32671, p5
The article reports on the plan approved by the City Council in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that will issue up to $76 million of revenue bonds to finance the acquisition of a 15-story city hall building. The Tulsa Public Facilities Authority will issue a promissory note up to $53.5 million to purchase the...
- HMI inspection of Aberdeen City EA. // Education (14637073);2/20/2004, Issue 132, p5
Presents information on a report published by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education regarding the inspection of the Aberdeen City Council in Scotland in February 2004.
- Untitled. // American City & County;Sep93, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p17
Features developments in American local governments. Proposed bills from lawyer-haters in the Louisiana House; Regulation of licensing of attorneys; Problems of the city council in naming a bridge in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- COUP DE REYKJAVÃK: PART TROIS. // Iceland Review;Oct2008, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses on the politics existing in the Reykjavik City Council as the Independence Party decided to break off its coalition with the Liberal Party to renew its alliance with the Progressive Party inspite of the latter's involvement in the ReykjavÃk Energy invest scandal last...