AT&T to Supply Ops With Broadband Leads
- U-Verse Universe: AT&T Officially Launches Video in San Antonio. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p1
Reports on the launching of the U-Verse Internet protocol television service by AT&T in San Antonio, Texas. Promotional packages included in the launch, including a free three month video service; Channels featured; Subscription cost.
- Cable telephony on the way. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p62
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s plan to push cable telephony into the mass market in the year 2000. Implications for cable television companies; Company's plan to put its marketing power behind telephony services cable will offer; AT&T's goal of achieving 60 percent coverage of the United States;...
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Cable's Blossoming Future. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2004, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p6
Comments on projected telecommunications offerings from the cable industry. Super-high-speed data services for both residential and commercial customers; Ubiquitous voice-over-Internet-protocol telephone tied to video and high-speed data offerings; Networking of diverse devices under the control...
- Back in the Saddle. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the rollout of trial voice over Internet protocol services in the U.S. Duplication of circuit-switched features; Competition among cable operators.
- UP FOR GRABS. Olgeirson, Ian // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p29
Presents information on projected softswitch sales for cable voice over Internet Protocol.