TNT's Multi-Platform Experiment
- TV One to Launch VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p18
Reports on the plan of African American targeted network TV One to launch a free video-on-demand (VOD) offering in January 2005. Commencement of the VOD service; Television programs to be featured in the network; Implication of the VOD system for linear channels.
- Let's Praise (Not Bury) Linear TV. Quartararo, Ron // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p24
The article presents the author's views on the concept of on-demand web broadcasting service, an alternative channel of distribution, and its effect on the linear broadcast model. The author states that the linear television model is ideal for an event-driven medium. It is stated that the model...
- Channel 4 makes all in-house shows available on demand. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;11/16/2006, p1
The article reports on the 4oD video-on-demand service launched by Channel 4 in Great Britain in November 2006. Through the 4oD service, Channel 4 made all of its in-house television programs available on-demand over the Internet. The move places Channel 4 ahead in the race to become...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p54
Presents the highlights from the August 2005 subscription video-on-demand offerings from various cable television networks in the U.S. Movies to be aired by Home Box Office; Television series from Showtime; Shows on Starz on Demand.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p3
Presents updates in the television (TV) industry in the U.S. as of April 3, 2006. Information on the channels launched by Comcast; Availability of the TV show on video-on-demand service; Reason behind the delay on the launching of animated series "Cooleyville."
- Speedy Start for Sci Fi's 'Atlantis,' TNT's 'The Grid' // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p30
Reports on the rating performances of Sci Fi Channel's original "Stargate Atlantis" and "The Grid" from TNT. Household rating of "Stargate Atlantis" on July 16 according to Nielson Media Research data; Number of viewers of "The Grid'; Focus of the TV program "The Grid."
- Delay of the land. Lowry, Brian // Variety;8/13/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 1, p2
The author offers opinions on television broadcasting and television viewers. Disagreement is expressed with critics of the NBC Television Network for broadcasting many events of the 2012 Olympic Games as delayed video recordings rather than live programs. It is stated such criticism ignores...
- DVR Ratings Prove Time-Sensitive. Mandese, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p34
The article discusses issues concerning the measurement time-shifted viewing via digital video recorders in the U.S. It mentions the plans of Nielsen to provide its DVR-included ratings in three streams. It notes the problem emerged from the action of Nielsen to include VCR recordings in its...
- GONE WITH THE WINDS. CARSON, TOM // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2015, p92
The article discusses about television programs of the 1980's and how they have changed now and today the shows one identifes with mainly reflect how privileged or not one is.