This Just In
- BRIEFS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p24
Presents news briefs on television and cable broadcasting in the U.S. as of February 2005. Decision of WNIT to add the Sundance Digital FastBreak automation system; Background on a new means of checking the quality of outgoing video and audio of content providers; Description of cameras to be...
- ESPN Made Plays in October. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
Reports that ESPN cable television network has topped the October 2003 primetime ratings in the U.S. Rating gained by cable and broadcast television; Rate of increase in rating gained by ESPN; Impact on the dispute of ESPN with Cox Communications Inc. over license fee increases.
- CableLabs okays TV software patch system. // CED;Dec2006, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the nonexclusive deal that will permit software updates to be delivered to digital cable devices by consumer electronics manufacturers UpdateLogic Inc. and CableLabs Inc. in the U.S. Accordingly, the agreement would ask the cable industry to work with UpdateLogic Inc. in...
- NFL kicks one through the uprights. Learmonth, Michael; McClintock, Pamela; Adalian, Josef // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the deal between the U.S. National Football League and cable television network ESPN in May 2005. Comments on the reliance of the League to the performance of television broadcasting companies; Background of the agreement between the League and NBC in 1939; Importance of the League...
- Trying to Beat Broadcast Over the Ears. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on CableLabs Inc.'s development of specifications for an interface that lets set-top boxes receive the signals of television (TV) broadcasters over the air. The benefits of this technology to cable operators and audiences are discussed. The consortium states that the...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p44
Presents updates on the cable television programming industry in the U.S. as of October 2004. Decrease in earnings posted by Convergys Corp. for the year; List of the top cable companies in the country; Rights sought by XM Satellite Radio to air Major League Baseball games.
- September's a Blockbuster for Basic Cable. eynolds, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p22
Reports on an increase in the ratings of cable TV shows in the U.S. in September 2003. Percentage of increase in the ratings; Average rating of Turner Network Television; Number of viewers who watched sports service.
- Cable TV: Cold. Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-18
Presents an update on cable television programming in the U.S. as of October 1991. Opportunity posed by the wars covered by CNN; Setback faced by ESPN in covering sporting events.
- Matching ratings to ad $$, ESPN comes out tops. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/12/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 16, ps2
This article reports that ESPN cable television network has derived more pure value per advertising impression delivered than any other U.S. programmer on television. It is difficult to isolate all the subjective factors that influence the price marketers pay to advertise on television, but the...