Cable's Quiet Growth Pump
- A Privately Proud Pair. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p35
The article offers information on the fourth-quarter financial data of Insight Midwest and Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. in 2006. A 50-50 partnership between Insight Communications and Comcast, Insight Midwest expects reveue to be at between $325 million to $335 million. On the other hand,...
- By the Numbers. // Multichannel News;9/28/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p19
The article presents several statistics including the revenue, numbers of digital cable customers, and the percentage of penetration home passed provided by Cox Communications Inc. as of December 31, 2005 and December 31, 2008.
- Cox, ESPN are Still Dueling. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
Discusses the dispute between cable television network ESPN and multiservice operator Cox Communications Inc. over license fee increases imposed by ESPN. Plan of Cox to drop the ESPN network; Action taken by ESPN against Cox; Remarks from Cox CEO Jim Robbins.
- The Book on Bundling. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p64
Deals with the bundling of cable products to reduce churn or subscriber losses. Churn rate in Cox Communications' bundled products; Information on the bundled package of RCN; Rate of increase in the sell-in of bundled packages.
- Cox Gets Southern Calif. Employees Into Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p46
This article reports on the move of Cox Communications Inc. to audition its employees at Orange County and Palos Verdes, California for series of TV and print advertisements aimed at building its image as the hometown cable television provider. Cox Communications will be facing competition from...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p29
Lists the top basic cable programs in the United States for the week of April 17-23, 1995. Percentages of total households each network reaches; Ranking of top five pay cable programs ranked by households.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p32
The article presents information on the number of pay television subscribers who were aware of "TV Everywhere" services provided by their operator in the first quarter of the year 2012.