Ops Battle Patent Claims
- CHARTER STUMBLES. // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p10
Presents graphical information which compares the basic subscribers of U.S. cable television network operator Charter Communications and multiple system operators in the third quarter of 2002.
- DirecTV Hikes Monthly Rates. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/07/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p1
Reports on DirecTV's plan to increase prices for its basic channel packages to all subscribers effective September 1, 2000. Rates for the Select Choice basic tier; Price increase for the company's Total Choice premium packages.
- Nets Address Tense Times In the Biz. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p1
Presents questions and answers on topics related to the U.S. television broadcasting industry. Problems related to rising program costs with operators; Challenges confronting DirecTV Inc.; Business of MTVN regarding volume discounts.
- Why TV Carriage Wars Are Just Beginning. Ziffren, Kenneth // Hollywood Reporter;8/3/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 26, p32
The article focuses on the ongoing issues related to carriage rates concerning the cable television industry of the U.S. It informs that even though the standoff between Viacom Inc. and DirecTV Inc. ended on July 20, 2012, industry analysts opine that the industry will continue to face problems...
- Out-of-the-Box Thinking. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the initiative being worked on by Charter Communications Inc. and Sony Corp. concerning conditional access on cable television in the U.S. Potential separation of conditional access from traditional digital network-controller functions; Reduction in the conditional-access costs in...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p14
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of December 15, 2003. Agreement signed between Cox Sports Television and Charter Communications Inc.; Addition of the television program "Days of Our Lives from Sony Pictures Television in the lineup of SoapNet;...
- Charter goes tapeless. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/15/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p45
Reports that Charter Communications has selected Atlanta, Georgia-based Video Networks Inc. to create a national network that will digitally deliver commercials to Charter's cable headends in the United States. Terms of the deal; Value of the transaction.
- Further To Fly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p65
Offers a look at the market performance of direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) provider DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. as the first of quarter of 2005. Factors that affect the business performance of the company; Outlook on the company for 2005; Perception of Chase Carey, CEO and president of the...
- Sky Lights Up With Interactivity. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p3A
Comments on the impact of the plan of News Corp., owned by Rupert Murdoch to acquire DirecTV, on U.S. cable operators. Experience of Murdoch from his acquisition of British Sky Broadcasting PLC; Adoption of Murdoch on digital video recording technology; Benefits of the technology on cable...