Court Hires Fuse's Juris
- Court TV Taps Fuse's Juris To Give the Net Some Edge. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;8/23/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the appointment of Marc Juris as general manager of Court TV in August 2004. Responsibilities of Juris.
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 36, p21
Announces the appointment and promotion of executives in the journalism and television broadcasting industries in the U.S. as of September 2004. Marna Grantham of KSCI Los Angeles; Phillip Mcrae of Comcast, Philadelphia; Marc Juris of Court TV, New York.
- Court TV now a truth-teller. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/12/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 71, p5
The article cites that Turner Entertainment Networks has rebranded Court TV as TruTV, in relation to its conversion to an entertainment network focusing on reality shows and true crime. According to Turner president Steve Koonin, the Court TV name was limiting the company in defining what it is...
- COURT TV NAMES FUSE'S JURIS PROGRAMMING/MARKETING GM. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;8/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p25
Reports on the appointment of Fuse president Marc Juris as general manager in charge of programming and marketing at Court TV in August 2004. Strategy used by Juris to increase the ratings of the network; Possible impact of the promotion of Juris on the company; Background on Fuse.
- He Laughed Himself Into a New Career. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 38, p24
Profiles Arthur Bell, president and chief operating officer of Court TV. Career of Bell at HBO; Educational background of Bell; Previous employment of Bell. INSET: Arthur Bell President & COO, Court TV.
- Fox family has October due date for Girlz, Boyz. Bednarski, P.J.; McConville, Jim; Hall, Lee; Shaw., Russell // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1A
Presents news items concerning the United States cable industry as of December 7, 1998. Includes Fox Family Channel's launching of its two digital networks, the Boys Channel and the Girlz Channel, in October 1999; Programs the will be unveiled by Court TV in January 1999; Launch of Fanfare: The...
- Court TV primes its docket. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/15/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that Court TV has started programming for its recently re-branded primetime television program named "Court TV Seriously Entertaining." Earlier Court TV had announced that it was going to split its daytime and primetime.
- Playing to prime-time jury. Jain, Anita // Crain's New York Business;9/1/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p4
It didn't take forensic science for Art Bell to figure out why Court TV, which he joined five years ago as executive vice president of strategic planning and programming, was then last in prime-time cable ratings, as of September 1, 2003. Bell, recently appointed president and chief operating...
- Court TV's docket includes original pix. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/28/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 19, p2
Reports that Court TV is planning to commission original movies dealing with criminal justice. Examples of rerun television series to be broadcast by the network; List of some motion pictures commissioned by Court TV.