BIG WIND, HUGE MESS
- ADELPHIA AGREES TO RATE REFUND IN L.A. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the decision of cable operator Adelphia Communications in September 2003 to refund the payments made by its subscribers in Los Angeles, California. Company background; Objective of the new management of the company after it filed for bankruptcy in 2002.
- Cable Ops Recovering In Katrina's Wake. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p28
Focuses on the recovery of cable operators in the Gulf Coast region, in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Assistance provided by cable companies to their employees who were affected by the disaster; Suspension of the billing transactions; Resumption of direct mail and TV advertising in the...
- Hurricane Season: MSOs Wait and Worry for '06 Storms. // CableFAX Daily;5/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 104, p1
Focuses on the Cable: Ready initiative launched by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association in the U.S. in May 2006. Number of subscribers lost by different cable operators from the 2004 and 2005 hurricanes; Measures taken by multi-service operators in order to address the issue of...
- Too Much Is Never Enough: More Speed, But No Digging Required. Barthold, Jim // Communications Technology;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that the cable industry is pursuing a Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.0 version that would let operators bond four or more 6 MHz channels to deliver speeds of 100 Mbps upstream and 5 Gbps down. Those speeds could mean the ability to download a movie...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p29
Lists the top basic cable programs in the United States for the week of April 17-23, 1995. Percentages of total households each network reaches; Ranking of top five pay cable programs ranked by households.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p32
The article presents information on the number of pay television subscribers who were aware of "TV Everywhere" services provided by their operator in the first quarter of the year 2012.
- Cable Tiptoes to Market. Larson, Megan; Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/08/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on deals involving cable television networks in the United States as of May 2000. Comments from industry executives; Status of the cable market.