Learning about America
- Born to be Mild. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p40
Highlights the activities of Koushin's Cruizerz, an organized group of U.S. Air Force professionals motorists based in Misawa Air Base in Honshu, Japan. Involvement of the group in charities, parades and official functions in the area; Number of the active membership of the group; Mastery of...
- ROCCI JOHNSON BAND IN THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN. Atkins, Amy // Boise Weekly;12/4/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p20
The article previews a performance by American singer Rocci Johnson to be held at Misawa Air Base in Honshu, Japan on the eve of New Year 2014.
- A LEGAL TEAM RISES TO THE CHALLENGE. Patterson, Mark H.; Schumann, Christopher M. // Reporter;Spring2011, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p2
The article focuses on the help provided by the 35th Fighter Wing Legal Office (35 FW/JA) in the recovery of Japan after the 9.0 magnitude earthquake hit the country on March 11, 2011. It is noted that 35 FW/JA members were on duty at the Misawa Air Base when the earthquake struck the nation. It...
- Major active-duty air force bases. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p36
Identifies the major active-duty Air Force bases (AFB) across the United States. Includes McChord AFB in Washington; Hill AFB in Utah; Arnold AFB in Tennessee; Whiteman AFB in Missouri; Barksdale AFB in Louisiana.
- Major Air Force bases overseas. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
Identifies the location of the major United States Air Force bases (AFB) overseas. Includes the Howard AFB in Panama; Incirlik Air Base (AB) in Turkey; Kadena AB in Japan; Andersen AFB in Guam.
- The `Blast' in Belgrade. Barela, Tim // Airman;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the 31st Air Expedition Wing of the United States Air Force and on its munition storage area at Aviano Air Base, Italy. Involvement on the 78 days of intense bombing from March 24 to June 9, 1999 against Yugoslavia; Challenges they faced during the bombings; Types of bombs built by...
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- Gheding into Italy. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p32
Describes the Aviano Air Base of the U.S. Air Force in Aviano, Italy, which is surrounded by the Ghedi farmland. Things Senior Airman Roxanne McKinney loves about the place; Features of the place; Recreational facilities accessible to families of military men residing near the air base.
- Back to Bagram. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the improvements in the living conditions of airmen at America's Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. Provision of enough beds for soldiers to sleep on; Supply of good food for airmen on duty; Creation of bath and toilets to replace the porta-potties.