Would you like to sit inside or out?
- Westover aerial porters care for families of deployed members. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p13
The article highlights the gathering of family and friends of deployed members of the 42nd Aerial Port Squadron at Westover Air Reserve Base in Massachusetts. Parents who attended the event have socialized over cake and the children worn face paint. The event has given opportunity for families a...
- Step into it. Kunz, Christine L. // Airman;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the benefits of hiking to airmen in the U.S. Basic categories of hiking; Priority of every Air Force base in outdoor recreation by offering equipment rentals, items to purchase and information pertaining to outdoor activities; Dependence of the amount of exercise generated from a hike...
- Enchanted Expedition. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the summer spent by U.S. airmen deployed at French Air Base 25 near Istres, France in 2002. Experiences with French gourmet meals; Disadvantages of the deployment for the airmen; Involvement of the airmen in a refueling mission. INSET: Words out of her mouth.
- Taking Care of Our Own. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on a U.S. Air Force Reserve technical training Air Base, Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas, that provides technical training classes to Air Force reservists. Profile of Air Force Reserve technical training liaison, Tim Savage; Requirements to be fulfilled by Permanent Change of Station...
- High Maintenance. // Oklahoma Today;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City, Oklahoma. It describes the base's size and components, including 461 buildings and 18.7 million square feet of workable floor space. It is designated as the state's leading single-site employer with 28,000 military...
- Givin it the GAS. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p36
Features the Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota. Response of the airmen at the base during the terrorist attacks; Aerial refueling provided by the wing; Sense of purpose of the airmen.
- They Just Keep Going and Going and Going and Going and Going... Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Mar2003, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p40
Reports on how airmen at overseas bases purchase automobiles from those who are departing, and then sell them later when they themselves leave the base. Availability of low-cost, but old cars; Need for maintenance, thereby providing base auto hobby shops a steady business in used cars; Fading...
- Wright-Patterson Squadron Deploys to Utah. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the deployment of twenty-seven members of the 445th Combat Logistics Support Squadron (CLSS) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB) in Ohio, to Hill AFB in Utah in August 2002. Objective of the deployment; Comments of 445th Logistics Group commander, Robert Hunter; Inspection and...
- AIRMEN FLY VITAL SUPPLIES TO SITES VERY CLOSE TO NORTH POLE. // Ebony;Dec1954, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p27
The article describes how workers at Thule Air Base, a U.S. air base located in the Arctic Circle, distribute supplies to various weather stations in the North Pole region.