- H[sub 2]O ADVENTURES. O'Neal, Catherine // Country Living;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p42
Presents information on resorts that offer water sports and outdoor water activities in the United States.
- SPIN TRAINING. // Boating World;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p55
The article offers tips for waterskiers on making a better handle pass. Waterskiers must find a 5-foot handle and attach a milk jug of water to the end. They should also grip the handle low and keep it as close to the body as possible. They should start spinning the handle a little faster as...
- 10 THINGS YOU (Likely) NEVER KNEW ABOUT WATER SKIING. Finlayson, Trent // WaterSki;Oct2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p58
The article presents ten things about water skiing. It mentions that skiers go the great lengths for a great lake, today's swervers are getting better, and records are meant to be broken. The article also informs that skiers are almost superhuman, water-ski construction has increasingly become...
- Protecting public health from the impact of body-contact recreation. Standish-Lee, P.; Loboschefsky, E. // Water Science & Technology;2006, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p201
Population growth and the increasing demand for recreational opportunities have put public and political pressure on water purveyors to make every water body available for multipurpose use. There is increasing evidence that full water-body contact recreation such as swimming, and water/jet...
- The rage to ski. // Saturday Evening Post;2/9/1963, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p24
Explores the popularity of skiing in the U.S. Number of Americans attracted to the sports; Average spending in skiing equipment and accommodations in the 1962 season; Citation of the popular skiing sites in the country.
- Cover Page. // Saturday Evening Post;4/25/1964, Vol. 237 Issue 16, preceding p1
This section presents the cover page of the April 25, 1964, issue of the journal "The Saturday Evening Post," depicting people who are enjoying boating and water skiing.
- Fishing Tip: When To Back Down. // MotorBoating;Jul2004, Vol. 194 Issue 1, p32
Presents several fishing tips. Problems with hard backing during fishing; Ways to avoid backing.
- Gulf COAST FISHING GUIDE. Phillips, John E. // Southern Sporting Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p30
Offers advice on fishing in several inshore and offshore fishing destinations in the U.S. Gulf Coast. Boca Grande in Florida; Orange Beach in Alabama; Lake Calcasieu in Louisiana; Lake Charles in Louisiana. INSET: AFTER THE 2004 HURRICANES.
- Trout After Dark. Merwin, John // Field & Stream;Aug2001, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p16
Discusses night fishing guidelines.