Air Force women win soccer championship
- Col Carolyn Benyshek leads USAF Academy selections. // Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology;Dec2012-Jan2013, p71
The article profiles Colonel Carolyn Benyshek, the director of admissions at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Benyshek leads a permanent staff of sixty individuals and about 1,600 Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, and active duty Air Force officers and retirees. An...
- Around the Services. Valceanu, John // Soldiers;May99, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p21
Presents several updates regarding the United States Armed Forces as of May 1999. Information on the prescreening ranger class for the United States (US) Airmen; Reasons for the bombing of Iraqi communication sites; Details on the Armed Forces Boxing Championship.
- Air Force wins triathlon championship. // Airman;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the victory of the U.S. Air Force in the 2004 Armed Forces Triathlon Championship held in May 2004 at Naval Base Ventura County, California. Staging of competitoin on Olympic-distance course; Scoring method; Event winners.
- Focus: ROA Headquarters Staff. // Officer;Oct2005, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p62
Profiles Lani Burnett, the Reserve Officers Association's (ROA) Director of Industry Affairs and Business Relations. Responsibility for programs that align with ROA business strategy; Air Force service for 23 years; Work at a nonprofit organization; Americanism Chairman at her American Legion Post.
- Dressed to Impress. Gruber, Amelia // Government Executive;Aug2012, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p10
The article informs that posting of photos of servicewomen breast-feeding in uniform has prompted spokeswoman of the U.S. Air Force to announce that service members should be mindful of their dress and appearance and present a professional image at all times while in uniform.
- A NORMAL LIFE...OR SO WE THOUGHT. Serrao, Angie L. // Officer;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p38
The article offers the author's insights regarding her life as a member of the U.S. Air Force reservist. The author discusses how stress affects her personal and family life, as well as her colleagues in the U.S. Army, and how she overcome it. Moreover, she mentions her consultation with the...
- Air Force women repeat as service soccer champs. Shelby, Zack // Airman;Aug2002, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p16
Features the U.S. Air Force women's soccer squad which won its second straight Armed Forces Women's Soccer championship. Members of the squad.
- Air Force Runs Marathon. A. F. // Fitness Business Pro;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that the Wright-Patterson Air Force base sponsored the 10th anniversary of the U.S. Air Force Marathon on September 16, 2006 in Dayton, Ohio. More than 4,700 runners from all over the world registered for the marathon while more than 1,500 local volunteers helped out during...
- Healing through sports. Collins, Elizabeth M. // Soldiers;Dec2010, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses the participation by wounded, ill and injured servicemembers in the Warrior Games held in spring 2010 at the U.S. Air Force Academy and the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Sports offered at the Warrior Games included recurve- and compound-bow archery,...