C-17 airlifts Iraqi child to Hungarian hospital
- Room for Recovery. Gongwer, James // Flying Safety;Apr2005, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p18
Presents an article on experiences in investigating a military aircraft operation mishap. Arrival of the four transports in the mishap site; Weather condition during the test.
- IRAQ-U.S. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);12/7/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5235, p15
The article focuses on the report from the daily journal "Al Hayat" regarding the agreement of the U.S. and Iraq to keep 3,000 U.S. soldiers for the protection of Iraqi airspace after the withdrawal of American troops by the end of December 2011.
- The Barbary Pirates. // Current Events;9/5/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p5
The reports on the history of an operation by the U.S. against ruler of Tripoli, who protected pirates on April 1805, in which the U.S. Navy installed a new ruler in the country.
- Operations in Cizre, Sur to be completed within days, weeks: Gov't. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;2/2/2016, p1
The article reports that the Turkish government has informed that the ongoing military operations against militants of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in Cizre in ÅžÄ±rnak and DiyarbakÄ±r in would be completed within days or weeks.
- CLAMO Report. // Army Lawyer;Nov2001, Issue 347, p29
Part IV. Addresses Brigade Operational Law Team's preparation of the entire brigade task force.
- Non-Lethal Weapons. Annati, Massimo; Bonsignore, Ezio // Military Technology;Jul2003, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on the programs, perspectives and problems of using non-lethal weapons (NLW) for Military Operations Other-Than-War (MOOTW) in the U.S. Demonstration of high possibilities for tragic misunderstanding between the military personnel and the civilians; Effectiveness of using NLW to fulfill...
- Licence to Kill. O'Brien, Kevin A. // World Today;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 59 Issue 8/9, p37
Discusses the role of British private military companies in securing and stabilizing the security worldwide. Government proposal containing the options for regulation of private military companies; Factors influencing private military companies' role in supporting Great Britain's interest...
- Rangers operation postponed due to high winds. Campbell, Kristen // Hub (Hay River, NT);7/20/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that the Hay River rangers of Northwest Territories postponed their departure for Operation Nunakput 11 on July 16, 2011 because of the dangerous winds on Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories.
- The New Condottieri and US Policy: The Privatization of Conflict and Its Implications. Smith, Eugene B. // Parameters: U.S. Army War College;Winter2002-03, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p104
Argues for the employment of private military corporations (PMC) in conflicts characterized as Military Operations Other Than War. Specialized expertise offered by PMCs at lower costs; History of the privatization of conflict.