Exercise-Induced Syncope Associated With QT Prolongation and Ephedra-Free Xenadrine
- Fainting during exercise 'probably not significant.'. // Active Living;May2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
Provides information on a study that determined cases of exercise-associated syncope, or fainting, in men and women in Canada. Serious causes of exertional syncope; Related study of syncopal episodes in athletes; Warning about presyncope or syncope occurring during active exercise.
- A Study of the Inheritance Pattern of Romano-Ward Syndrome. Itoh, S.; Munemura, S.; Satoh, H. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1982, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p20
Romano-Ward syndrome consists of attacks of syncope, possible sudden death, accompanied by prolonged Q-T interval on ECG. We carried out HLA antigen typing of a family of 16 members having ten cases of Romano-Ward syndrome. All the ten cases had the common HLA haplotype of A9-Bw54, while the six...
- Down and out. Davis, Carol // Nursing Standard;6/25/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p22
Nurses in Manchester run a pioneering investigation and treatment service for people who have syncopal attacks.
- CASE REPORT. Manov, Andrey; Gopalakrishnan, Prabhakaran P.; Subramaniam, Smita; Wardi, Miraie; White, Justin // Journal of Family Practice;May2015, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p282
The article presents a case study of a 38-year-old man who was taken to the emergency department (ED) after losing consciousness, and falling at home striking his elbow, head, and neck. It mentions that the patient experienced chest pain, shortness of breath, fever, and nausea. It notes that the...
- Easy ways to stop fainting. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug2007, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p7
The article presents the study on how to avoid fainting in the U.S. Researchers enrolled 23 people with vasovagal syncope, a fainting syndrome. Half of the participants were randomly assigned to learn three counterpressure maneuvers and the rest of the participants received conventional advice...
- Physical counterpressure manoeuvres reduced vasovagal syncope. van Dijk, N.; Quartieri, F.; Blanc, J. J. // Evidence Based Medicine;Apr2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p44
The article presents a study on the reduction of repeated syncope as a result of training in physical counterpressure manoeuvres (PCM) in patients with vasovagal syncope. The study engaged 223 patients with recurrent vasovagal syncope who were given conventional therapy or plus training in PCM...
- Feeling faint. // Current Health 1;Oct98, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p27
Offers tips on what to do when someone else feels faint. Reason people faint; Warning signs of fainting; Medical management.
- Syncope: Current Diagnostic Evaluation and Management. Manolis, Antonis S.; Linzer, Mark; Salem, Deeb; Estes III, N. A. Mark // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/1/90, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p850
Provides a comprehensive review of the causes, diagnostic evaluation and treatment of syncope. Definition of syncope; Pathophysiology; Classification.
- WHEN A FRIEND FAINTS. // Current Health 1;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p17
Offers an insight about fainting, and provides some tips on how to handle a friend who faints.