80-Year-Old Man With Fever and Ear Pain
- Ramsay-Hunt syndrome. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p648
An encyclopedia entry for "Ramsay-Hunt syndrome" is presented. It refers to a kind of herpes zoster which targets the facial nerve. Facial paralysis, extreme ear pain, loss of taste and painful rash are some of the symptoms of the disease. Antiviral and anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to...
- CME Examination and Evaluation. // Geriatrics;Oct2006 Supplement, Vol. 61, p13
This section presents a quiz about the present and future strategies for herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia.
- Shingles: What you really need to know. Hewett, Cynthia // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/29/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p2
The article offers information related to the pathology of shingles or Herpes Zoster.
- zona. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2514
A definition of the term "zona" which refers to a band or girdle or Herpes zoster is presented.
- MANAGEMENT OF SHINGLES. Severson, Jessica L. // Cortlandt Forum;04/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p189
Discusses herpes zoster or shingles. Persons most susceptible to shingles; Signs and symptoms; Diagnosis and diagnosis pitfalls; Transmission of the disease; Treatment in different patient populations; Side effects of therapy; Best treatment for pain associated with shingles; Prevention of...
- Herpes Zoster. Baldwin, Patricia Donahue // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Provides information on herpes zoster. Incidence and pathophysiology; Risk factors; Signs and symptoms of the disease.
- Evaluation and Treatment of Patients with Herpes Zoster. Zepf, Bill // American Family Physician;2/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p610
Discusses the study 'Herpes zoster,' by J.W. Gnann and R.J. Whitley, from the August 1, 2002 issue of the 'New England Journal of Medicine.'
- Nailing shingles. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p7
Provides information pertaining to shingles or herpes zoster, including symptoms and treatment.
- The Logic of Birds and Fishes as it Relates to Shingles. HARRISON, JIM // Brick: A Literary Journal;Jun2011, Issue 87, p168
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of suffering from shingles.