- D.C. to Allow Redevelopment at Historic Site. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, p4
The article reports on Washington D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams' announcement that the city will allow redevelopment at the McMillan Reservoir filtration site. Williams suggests that the site is ideal for housing and commercial retail developments. The National Capital Revitalization Corp. (NRC)...
- CALENDAR. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/12/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p0034
A calendar of events for the Michigan community is presented on August 13-15, 2013 which includes the Ann Arbor Open Coffee, Inside the CEO Mind, and Microloan Orientation by the Center for Empowerment and Economic Development.
- A comparison of shareholder identity and governance mechanisms in the monitoring of CEOs of listed companies in China. Wang, Jiwei // China Economic Review (1043951X);Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
Abstract: This paper compares the relative effectiveness of two measures by which the Chinese government attempted to improve the monitoring of listed companies: shifting the ownership of state shares from government agencies (GAs) to the corporate form of state-owned enterprises (SOEs), and...
- SpeakSTRONG: For Admins. Runion, Meryl // OfficePro;Jul2011, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p36
Thea article shares the lessons learned from the marshmallow tower challenge about the importance of the voice of administrative professionals to competing against the toughest of competition. The success of the administrative professionals/chief executive officer (CEO) team is attributed to the...
- House votes to give mayor control. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;02/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30577, p5
Reports on the legislative approval given to Washington D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams to have authority over nine local government agencies run by the city's financial control board.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Ex-Mayor Joins Arent Fox. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/18/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33116, p9
The article announces the appointment of Former Mayor Anthony Williams as head of the municipal finance department at Arent Fox LLP.
- MAY A MILLION LEADERS BLOOM. Purie, Aroon // Business Today;1/5/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the business strategies of chief executive officers (CEOs), the result of the Best CEOs survey, and the importance of effective CEO leadership to obtain economic growth.
- HOT SEAT. // Sarasota Magazine;April2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p52
This article presents an interview with executive Steve Queior who will be succeeding as the president and chief executive officer of the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce. When asked about Queior's ultimate goal he replied that the chamber will bring all the business players in the community...
- Hone your focus, EDC members tell agency. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);10/2/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 20, pA7
Cites a study conducted by Strategic Research Associates, which emphasized the need for the Spokane Area Economic Development Council (EDC) in Washington to sharpen its focus and to hire a charismatic salesperson for its permanent chief executive officer (CEO). Departure of CEO Mark Turner;...