Tulsa Seeking Voter-Approved Tax Hike to Back Library Bonds
- Medina County Bond Issue Fails. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;6/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the rejection of the district library's proposed bond issue in Medina County, Ohio, during elections in May 2001. Bond which would have covered a 20-year period and funded the construction of five libraries and reconfiguration of two existing structures; View of community relations...
- Ohio County Library Makes First Market Foray With $75M Offering. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33359, p4
The article reports on the 75-million-dollar bond offering, which include the 55-million-dollar taxable special obligation Build America Bonds and 20.4-million-dollar tax-exempt special obligation bonds, of the Public Library of Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Oklahoma bond try fails. // Library Journal;3/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p672
Reports on the defeat of a bond proposal for the library improvement of the Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma City.
- Greenwood Public Library, Ind., Upgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34409, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term rating on Greenwood Public Library, Ind.'s series 2010 general obligation refunding and improvement bonds to A from A-minus.
- Prop. 81 will provide much needed funds for our libraries. Lockhart, Larry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/5/2006, Issue 323552, p26
The article calls on voters in Fresno County, California to support Proposition 81 on the June 8, 2006 ballot throughout the state. Proposition 81 refers to the proposed issuance of bonds that will support county libraries. The Fresno County Library has proven its ability in improving its...
- Cleveland PL Wins $31.5M Tax Hike. Blumenstein, Lynn; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;6/1/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p16
Reports that voters in Cleveland, Ohio approved a levy that will add $31.5 million a year to the Cleveland Public Library's budget over five years. Library finance system in Ohio; Approval by voters in Medina County of a $42.3 million levy to construct three libraries and expand three others;...
- Voters Pass $40M Houston PL Bond. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;12/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p14
Reports that voters in Houston, Texas passed a bond issue to improve facilities at the Houston Public Library. Strategy which calls for new or expanded branch libraries, renovations, and more; Collections goals of the library; Bond issues for libraries around the United States.
- Briefs. // American Libraries;Oct99, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p24
Offers news briefs pertaining to libraries in the United States for October 1999. State approval of a California measure to build and modernize libraries; Plan to fund a downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota library calling for a $60- to$70-million bond issue; Electronic Journal Center of the Ohio...
- Arizona's Yuma Library to Sell $44M of GOs for Building Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32665, p4
The article reports that Free Library District in Yuma County, Arizona made a competitive sale of its general obligation (GO) bonds worth $43.7 million for the future finance of its capital program. The bond is recognized as the second and last portion from its $53.8 million library GOs approved...