Dulles Runway Opens After Reconstruction
- FAA to Grant Chicago's O'Hare $300M Despite Court Challenge. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32236, p40
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration to grant the federal aid requested by Chicago, Illinois to reconfigure and expand the runways of O'Hare International Airport. Details of the city's proposed financing scheme for the project; Inclusion of the federal funds in a...
- Runway Project Rolling in Florida. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/28/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33508, p1
The article reports on the start of the runway extension project at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in South Florida after two decades of planning. It mentions that the project is supported by around 800 million-dollar worth of revenue bonds. It affirms that the renovations would...
- Minneapolis-St. Paul runway challenged. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p2
Reports on a lawsuit challenging the partially bond-financed construction of a runway at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport.
- Runway capacity shortage imperils Paris airports. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/31/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p42
Reports on efforts to solve a shortage of runway capacity in airports in and around Paris, France. Obstacles to the implementation of the ADP Paris airports authority's plan to construct two additional runways at Roissy/Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport, including government regulations and...
- Nairobi International Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;1/4/2010, p6
The article reports on the failed runway lights at Nairobi's main international airport, Jomo Kenyatta International on December 9, 2009 that halted all incoming and outbound flights for several hours.
- ONE EYE ON THE UK. Verhallen, Leon // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/2/2003, Issue 2566, p62
Explores the business planning for the fifth runway of the Schiphol international airport in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Efforts to increase passenger capacity; Advantages of the airport; Importance of British travel agents to the business plans of the airport.
- DXB work boost DWC. // Travel Daily;8/11/2014, p7
The article focuses on the completed runway maintenance works at Dubai International Airport which rerouted a large amount of traffic to Dubai World Central (DCW), according to DWC's statistics for second quarter in 2014.
- Tonga : TONGA takes up $31m upgrade to airport runways. // TendersInfo News;8/13/2014, p1
The article reports on the upgrade of runways at the Fua'amotu and Lupepau'u International Airports in Tonga, with the World Bank funding the project via the Tonga Aviation Investment Project.
- Flying In and Out of JFK. Abend, Les // Flying;Dec2005, Vol. 132 Issue 12, p90
Describes the construction of the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. Citations of the first commercial service of the airport; Information of the airport's parallel runways; Operation of the airport.