Subway Funding Plan Approved by Board
- Virginia Agency Seeks Dedicated Funds for D.C.-Area Transit. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p5
Reports on the formation of a blue-ribbon panel made up of officials of the eight localities served by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority to explore the possibility of identifying a source of funding for the transit agency in Virginia. Solicitation of funds to maintain and...
- Refinancing saves dollars for WMATA and the U.S. DOT. // Railway Age;Jan94, Vol. 195 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the refinancing agreement between the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). Advantages of the agreement; Parts of the two-phase plan; Factors which made refinancing possible.
- Coping with ridership growth on an ageing network. White, Richard A // Railway Gazette International;2005 Supplement, Vol. 161, p47
The article reports on the metro and bus services operated by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). WMATA's original federally-designated 163 kilometer rail network was completed with the opening of the final section of the Green Line to Branch Avenue in January 2001. Planning...
- More new railcars for WMATA. // Railway Age;Jun2002, Vol. 203 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the contract awarded by the Washington Area Metropolitan Area Transit Authority to Alstom Transport for the supply of metropolitan rail cars. Value of the contract; Expected delivery dates.
- FEEDBACK. // Washingtonian Magazine;Feb2016, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the operation of the Metro railway service operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) in the December 2015 issue.
- In Transit. // Railway Age;Jul2003, Vol. 204 Issue 7, p17
Presents an update on grants given to the transit industry in the U.S., as of July 2003. Amount of the grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to transit and commuter rail systems in 16 metropolitan areas for security improvement; Grant given to the Washington Metropolitan...
- Washington's budget crunch. Sebree, G. Mac // Trains;Mar2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the fiscal 2004 operating and capital budgets proposed by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) chief executive officer Richard White. Budget deficit; Number of management and administrative positions which WMATA plans to eliminate to close the budget gap.
- The Invisible Toothless Tiger. Morrow Jr., William S. // Administrative & Regulatory Law News;Fall2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p28
The author reflects on the June 22, 2009 incident involving the Washington Metropolitan Area's subway system. He argues that under 50 U.S.C. 5330, states have the primary responsibility in overseeing the safety of federally subsidized subway systems. He adds that the Washington Metropolitan Area...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // U.S. Rail News;12/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article offers news briefs related to urban transportation industry in the U.S. The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority has participated in the government's effort to test how airborne toxins spread in a subway system. The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority has donated two...