IRS Rules In Pennsylvania School Bond Case
- Calif. School District Gets Adverse IRS Determination Adverse IRS Determination. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32480, p4
The article reports on the preliminary adverse determination received by the West Contra Costa Unified School District in California from the Internal Revenue Service for its $20.4 million of Series 2002 refunding bonds. Filings show that the school district's case involved in what the agency...
- Utah School District Case May Be First in IRS Mediation Process. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p1
Reports that the Utah School District Finance Cooperative has requested that its case, involving a 1998 bond issue, be brought to Internal Revenue Service mediation process. Decision of the IRS to declare the 1988 bond issue as taxable; Reorganization of the IRS in 1998.
- IRS: Interest on Erie, Pa., District's Bonds May Be Taxable. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p30
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) notification to the Erie, Pennsylvania, City School District that the interest in its tax-exempt bonds may be taxable because of its use of option escrow. Auditing of the bonds; School district's belief that it has complied with the...
- Stocks/debt loss allocations. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on tax regulations from United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) affecting the allocation of loss recognized on the disposition of stock assets.
- Mark-to-market regs released. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines on the regulation of securities. Effectivity of guidelines.
- IRS releases advice on allocating expenditures for arbitrage purposes. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30504, p5
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's release of a technical advice memorandum that shows issuers how it expects them to allocate expenditures from bond proceeds and account for them for arbitrage purposes. Types of deals for which the memorandum is applicable; Terms of the...
- IRS Plans to Notify Issuers of Settlement. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p36
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to write to all issuers whose bonds are included in any global yield-burning settlement to inform them of the resolution of taxability questions. Audit investigation launched by the IRS into the yield burning that allegedly...
- FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. May, Gregory; Kennard, Alan L.; Stevens, Matthew A. // Tax Lawyer;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1189
Focuses on developments on taxation of financial transactions in the U.S. Scope of the regulations issued by the Internal Revenue Service dealing with qualified reopenings of debt securities; Applicability of rules on the capitalization interest expense and carrying costs for straddles; Cases...
- City's COPs Ruled Taxable Due to Yield-Burning Strategy. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p4
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that the waste and wastewater certificates of participation issued by Santa Maria, California are taxable. Basis of the IRS decision; Citations of the type of bonds the certificate exhibit; Reason behind the issuance of the...