E-Commerce Sales Up 23.1% to $15.7 Billion
- Online furniture retailers continue to make inroads. French, Dana // Furniture/Today;7/20/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p12
The article discusses the online furniture retail spending in the U.S. in 2009. According to the Department of Commerce, the online retail spending in the first quarter of 2009 was 31.7 billion dollars from 33.5 billion dollars in the first quarter of 2008. In addition, two charts depicting the...
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;10/7/2005, Issue 5459, p9
Presents several views and comments on the effect of electronic-retailing on furniture industry. Slowdown of business; Benefits of electronic-retailing; Security and confidence in electronic-retailing.
- Shopping Tips: Advice to Keep Your Wallet Safe and Full. Larkin, Erik // PCWorld;Dec2005, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p160
This article offers several tips for shopping online. Among the tips offered by the author are: First, do a background check. Second, save with refurbished items. Companies often sell factory-refurbished items at a substantial discount, and often with a limited warranty. Third, clip coupons....
- E-TAIL THERAPY. Clancy, Heather // Entrepreneur;Jan2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p35
The article reports on electronic commerce. Within a very short span of time e-commerce sites have grabbed the same share of retail sales, that catalog companies took nearly a century to achieve. Business and technology market-research analysts admit that online sales account for a relatively...
- australia's retail revolution. Apostolou, Natalie // Charter;Jun2011, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p32
The article examines the effects of electronic commerce (e-commerce) on the retail industry in Australia. It cites the increasing online retail sales which outpace the overall growth of the country's retail sector. Analyst Steven Noble of Forrester asserts that the surge in online shopping would...
- Online Shopping. Boyte, Tony // NZ Marketing Magazine;Mar2007, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p13
The article presents the results of Online Retail Monitors launched by Nielsen//NetRatings in New Zealand and Australia. According to the report, 66 percent of adult New Zealanders made a purchase online and 95 percent researched goods or services online with or without proceeding to purchase on...
- E-Commerce Sales Rose 13.1% in 4Q. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p2
Reports on the increase of the retail sales via electronic commerce in the forth quarter of 2001 compared to the same period in 2000, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. Estimation of sales of goods and services over the Internet.
- United States to look closer at online spending. // InfoWorld;02/15/99, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p71
Reports that the United States Commerce Department will begin publishing figures that show the impact of online shopping on retail activity. Significance of the increase in online commercial activity; Online spending of United States consumers in 1998; Number of businesses that have joined the...
- FROM TRASH TO TREASURE. Middaugh, Kris // Government Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p50
Provides information on the King County Online Exchange in Washington. Categories in which the items posted on the exchange are grouped; Reason for the creation of the residential exchange; Number of registered users that the site has. INSET: SOLUTION SUMMARY.