Pataki Moves To Cut $1.6B In Borrowing
- Pataki vetoes the stale budget. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/30/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p6
Reports that New York governor George E. Pataki has vetoed the spending plan approved by state lawmakers. Budget proposed by Pataki; Reasons why Pataki vetoed the spending plan; Total budget imbalance in the state.
- Pataki Unveils $99.8B Fiscal 2005 Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p1
Focuses on the fiscal 2005 budget of New York governor George E. Pataki. Capital plan; Budget for the construction of public colleges; Aim to close a projected budget deficit.
- Budget options, Pataki's plan. // Crain's New York Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Discusses the budget options presented by New York Governor George Pataki for reducing the fiscal deficits being faced by the state. Reduction in the amount of funds set aside for health care and education; Plans of the Governor to raise taxes on insurance companies; Opinion of Pataki regarding...
- Endgame in Albany. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p1
A debate on the budget entered its final phase on May 14, 2003 as New York governor George E. Pataki announced 3.2 billion dollar in line-item vetoes to the Legislature's 93 billion dollar, fiscal 2004 budget, while the Assembly and Senate prepared to begin overriding the vetoes. If they prevail...
- Pataki Likely to Veto Parts of New York's $101.3B Budget. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p3
Reports on the plan of New York Governor George Pataki to veto parts of the fiscal 2005 budget completed by the state Senate. Inclusion of an increase in capital spending for the state; Authorization for New York City to proceed with a debt restructuring; Concern of the Pataki on the impact of...
- With convention coming, Pataki's more flexible. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/30/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p11A
Reports on New York governor George Pataki's submission of budget report to the state legislature. Pataki's plan not to approve any tax increases; Negotiations on some type of compromises; Histories on veto overrides.
- N.Y.'s Pataki Floats 2006 Budget Plan. Cataldo, Adam L.; Daulerio, A.J. // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's proposed budget for fiscal 2006. Terms under the proposed budget; Total budget deficit of the state; Total amount requested by the state government in aid to local schools.
- Nassau Health's New Rx. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p1
The article reports on the expectation for the New York state spending actions and a preliminary action plan developed by Nassau Health Care Corp. (NHCC) officials to reduce operating deficits at the agency. According to NHCC acting president and chief executive Arthur Gianelli, the company's...
- NY Legislature will have to raise taxes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/7/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p35A
Comments on the taxation in New York. Opposition of Governor George Pataki for taxes; Deficits in the state; Possibility of a tax increase in the state.