N.Y. Board Approves Goldman's $1B Liberty Deal
- Sacramento JPA Slates $200 Million Issue. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p2
Reports on plans to price lease-revenue bonds to fund California state office building construction and to refund bond anticipation notes that were earlier sold to jumpstart the project. Underwriting syndicate led by Merrill Lynch & Co.; Outlook by municipal market players; Rating of the loan.
- New Scottish facility for Quintiles. // Medical Device Daily;6/13/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 113, p7
This article reports on the plan of Quintiles Transnational to build an office near Edinburgh, Scotland. This facility will be the home for the company's Product Development business, including Quintiles Laboratories and its NovaQuest group. Over the next four years, the company is planning to...
- Mining industry supplier to add 215 to local payroll. Johnson, Frances // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/28/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the move of Boart Longyear to lease additional 50,000 square feet of office space in Riverpark area of South Jordan in Utah as part of its expansion deal with the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) that involves the creation of 215 new jobs. The firm is...
- National fire training center building new Tucson facility. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;2/2/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the office building construction of Aardex for the National Advanced Fire Resource Institute in Tucson, Arizona. Facilitation of graduate-level wildfire management educational courses; Job creation; Impact of the training facility on the economy.
- Big Pharma's Building Power. // njbiz;3/19/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on some estimates on the expected impact of planned pharmaceutical and medical technology construction on the economy of New Jersey revealed at an event in Trenton co-sponsored by the New Jersey Alliance for Action and the HealthCare Institute of New Jersey. The estimated...
- Spec Construction's Cautious Comeback. JOE GOSE // Investors Business Daily;8/21/2015, pA10
The article reports on the comeback of the speculative office construction trend in the U.S. due to rising demand and limited amount of new supply as of August 2015. It states that real estate developers are targeting cities like Denver, Colorado, Cincinnati, Ohio and Nashville, Tennessee which...
- O.K. Likely For Goldman's Liberty Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p1
Reports on the preliminary approval to sell tax-exempt Liberty Zone bonds by Goldman, Sachs and Co. in New York City. Construction of new company headquarter; Endorsement of the Goldman bond plan by the business community in Lower Manhattan; Impact of the scheme on job creation.
- Sheffield hosts local jobs initiative. Fair, James // Public Finance;04/30/99, p8
Highlights the Sheffield Employment Bond, a scheme to address the problem of unemployment by inviting entrepreneurs and citizens invest in interest-free bonds to be used for job creation projects. Amount targeted; Volume of investments.
- Skin and bones. Russell, J.S. // Architectural Record;Mid-Sep1988, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p122
Photographs and plans for a Metropolitan Tower apartment in New York City, designed by Steven Holl Architects. Plaster ceilings, columns, and partitions are starkly juxtaposed against pure window-walls.