Opponents of St. Louis Ballpark Plan Get Question on Ballot
- Stay, But Don't Pay. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p34
Reports that the majority of Minnesota state residents opposes the public funding a project for a baseball stadium in the state. Views of the residents regarding the elimination of baseball teams in the state; Percentage of voters who opposed use of public money for stadium; Sources of fundings...
- Dallas to hold tax referendum on $230 million sports arena. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p37
Reports on the November 14, 1997 decision of Dallas, Texas officials to call for a January referendum on whether the city should invest in a $230 million downtown sports arena. Outcome of the City Council vote on the issue; Background on the investment project; Financing plan agreed to in October.
- New Jersey. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p30
Presents news items about public finance in New Jersey. Agreement by Somerset County officials to sell $15 million of bonds to finance the construction of a baseball stadium in Bridgewater; Floatation of Monmouth County's general obligation issue.
- Tennis funding leaves kids out in cold. Barecz, Peter // Slovak Spectator;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the objections of school officials to the failure of the Slovak government to provide funds for the rehabilitation of school facilities. Protests against the funding provided for the reconstruction of the National Tennis Centre in the capital; Condition of school gymnasiums in the...
- Arena Set to Open. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p31
Reports on the scheduled opening of the publicly funded arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- FLORIDA: Sarasota Seeks Tax Hike. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p9
The article reports on the request made of Sarasota, Florida, voters to increase their taxes to secure funding for the Major League Baseball's Cincinnati Reds training facility. Over $16 million of general obligation bonds are needed to help finance a $54 million makeover of the facility. If...
- Pittsburgh Agency Floats $270 Million Arena Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31441, p3
Reports the financing plan for the multipurpose facility of the Penguins hockey team by the Pittsburgh and Allegheny County Sports & Exhibition Authority in Pennsylvania. Provision of venue for community events; Criticisms concerning the scheme; Allocation of budget for the project.
- Row brews over temporary Olympic stadium. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p9
Reports on the differing views of the Olympic Games bidding team and the government on the plan of establishing a temporary stadium to save on costs in Great Britain . Cost of building a temporary stadium as compared to a permanent one; Opinion of Tessa Jowell, secretary of Culture, Media and...
- In brief. // Public Finance;11/23/2001, p7
Reports developments on public finance in Europe as of November 2001. Presentation of an approach to project leadership in information technology procurement; Construction of sports facilities and modernization of existing ones in schools; Reformation of the European Common Agricultural Policy.