Assured Hires John Meehan
- Assured Guaranty Announces Expansion of Public Finance Department. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32858, p22
The article announces several appointments at Assured Guaranty Corp., including Mary Francoeur as managing director for the infrastructure and project finance team, Joseph Chu as director for the utilities team and Michael Bartsch as director on the general government team.
- Assured Announces Six Additions in Public Finance Over Past 3 Months. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32917, p7
The article announces appointments of several public finance professionals at Assured Guaranty Corp. including George Huang in underwriting, Eric Torkelson in legal.
- John Trahan Joins Assured Guaranty's New York Office. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32408, p7
The article reports that John Trahan has been named managing director at the public finance department of the New York City office of financial guarantor, Assured Guaranty Corp. His job responsibilities include overseeing and developing public finance business in the eastern region of the United...
- Two Insurers See the Benefit of Low Subprime Mortgage Exposure. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32751, p7
The article reports on the selection of Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) and Assured Guaranty Corp. by Miami-Dade County, Florida to support the county's airport revenue bonds. The county selects FSA and Assured based on the recommendation of the financial adviser of the deal. Rachel...
- Moody's Defends Criteria for Insurers. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32931, p1
The article reports on the defense of Moody's Investors Service Inc. (MIS) related to the comments of insurance executives that downgrades were based on changing criteria in the financial services industry in the U.S. MIS have placed triple-A rated insurers Assured Guaranty Corp. and Financial...
- Assured Guaranty Gets Ready To Stamp Its Logo on CIFG. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/21/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33504, p6
The article reports on the announcement of Assured Guaranty Corp. that it would start the process that would eventually lead to directly assured bond insurance policies.
- Assured Won't Appeal Ruling to Cover Xenia Default. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/14/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33549, p5
The article reports on the decision of Assured Guaranty Corp. not to appeal the court's ruling that it must honor coverage defaulted debt issued by the Xenia Rural Water District in Iowa.
- FITCH DROPS ASSURED TO AA. Seymour, Jack Herman // Bond Buyer;5/5/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p1
The article reports that Assured Guaranty Corp.'s rating was downgraded by rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. to AA, leaving the bond issuer with just one remaining triple-A rating.
- Assured Guaranty Hires Jeffrey M. Brown as a Director in its Financial Institutions Group. // Insurance Broadcasting;5/30/2013, p1
The article announces that Jeffrey M. Brown is appointed as director in Financial Institutions Group of Assured Guaranty Corp.