S&P: Higher Education Institutions to Face Challenges in Future
- Rating Volatility May Be Coming to Higher Education, S&P Analysts Say. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p6
The article reports on the statement of Standard & Poor's Corp's panel of higher education rating analysts, that the higher education sector may experience increased rating changes down the road as colleges and universities tackle high operating costs and growing debt burden with continued...
- INDIANA: Vigo Bonds Boosted. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32754, p9
The article reports on the decision of credit ratings provider Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade the underlying ratings for Vigo County and the Vigo County Building Corp. in Indiana from A-minus to A as the agency prepares to sell lease rental bonds in November 2007. Nearly $3.1 million of the...
- Georgetown Bonds, Issued Through D.C., Take a Rating Hit From S&P. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p29
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to lower its rating on the outstanding bonds of Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Observation of the weakening balance sheet and growing operating deficits of the university; Impact of the rating change on the outstanding tax-exempt debt;...
- S&P Improves Alabama's Outlook To Stable Ahead of $83M GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p39
Reports on the changes of the rating outlook for Alabama by Standard & Poor's. Influence of the increase in the economy of the state on the revision of the rating; Decrease in the outlook for the AA credit to negative; Factors behind the stable rating for Alabama.
- American Housing Foundation Cut by S&P. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p2
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to lower its ratings on a series of bond issues by the American Housing Foundation in the U.S. The downgrade is due to the low operating performance of the issue. It was discovered that the issue is performing below underwritten levels.
- TBMA Asks S&P to Do Narrative-Based Derivative Analyses. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p32
The article reports on the encouragement of the Bond Market Association to let Standard & Poor's Corp. to eliminate the numeric scoring system for its Debt Derivative Profile program and to move to narrative-based analysis of issuers' derivatives exposures. The program has been used by the...
- Oklahoma City to Tap $835M GO Authorization for $68M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p31
The article reports on the move of Oklahoma City to obtain the $835.5 million 20 year general obligation (GO) bonds for the selling of $67.6 million GO debt. The total sales include $20.3 million of 200 GO bonds, $40.2 million of 2007 GO bonds package and $75 million of 2007 approved taxable...
- Auburn Sewerage Up to A-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p2
Reports on the revision of the ratings of the outstanding revenue bonds of Auburn Sewerage District, Maine by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Far West: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for July 16, 2003. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Presents data on the rating assigned to bonds issued by U.S. states by rating agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc., Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Inc. Insured yield of one-year bond issued by the state of Alaska; Rating given to 30-year bond issued by California.