Construction Begins on Dallas-Area Trinity River To 11 way
- More LI roadways is the lesser of evils. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/14/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p54A
Ponders on possible solutions to traffic congestion in Long Island, New York. Neglect of road system in the city; Other factors attributed to road conditions in Long Island; Public opposition to road improvements; Suggestion of adding roadways as a solution to the problem.
- Hoover Dam needs more concrete. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Sep2001, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the plans for the construction of an alternative route to solve traffic congestion along United States Highway 93. Presentation of alternative route designs; Features of the Sugarloaf Mountain Alternative; Price tag for the Gold Strike Alternative.
- I-93 expansion requires a consensus. Graham, Jim // New Hampshire Business Review;12/13/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p11A
Comments on the widening of Interstate 93 from Manchester to the Massachusetts border in the U.S. Increase in the car-carrying capacity; Response to the problems of traffic congestion; Concerns of New Hampshire taxpayers regarding the road construction project.
- Group: New roads fall to ease traffic. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p2
Reports on the Surface Transportation Policy Project's findings in its study of the effectiveness of highway construction projects in reducing traffic congestion in the United States.
- Traffic congestion to be eased. // International Construction;Nov2002, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p35
Reports on the construction of a third ring road to solve the traffic congestion in Shanghai, China.
- A safe bet, roads grow with city. Banasiak, David // Roads & Bridges;Jul97, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p63
Discusses about the growth of road-building and improvement projects that have been implemented in Las Vegas, Nevada to alleviate traffic congestion. Benefits provided by the construction of Desert Inn Super Arterial; Features of the project; Its source of funding; Other projects under...
- Expect Some Traffic Delays In Glacier National Park This Fall. // National Parks Traveler;9/19/15, p2
The article reports that the Going-to-the-Sun Road construction at Glacier National Park which will continue by fall 2015 on the east side of Glacier will lead to a number of traffic delays but should not last longer than a half-hour, according to park officials.
- Ecologist poll. // Ecologist;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p6
This article indicates that 90 percent of respondents said in March 2007 that building more roads is not the solution to traffic congestion in Great Britain.
- Area planners work to contain sprawl. Avis, Ed // Crain's Chicago Business;9/17/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 38, pSR2
Reports plan to construct additional lanes and highway extensions in Chicago, Illinois. Implications for traffic congestions; Impact on the environment; Advantage of the projects to commuters and shipment of goods.