- Municipals End Firm, Treasuries Up; King County, Wash., Sells $125 Million. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p2
Reports on the marketing of municipal bonds by King County in Washington. Vulnerability of the fixed-income markets; Anticipation of price improvement; Assessment of the stock market.
- Moody's Assigns Alaska Negative Outlook. Chin, Tonya // Bondbuyer.com;12/17/2014, p13
The article reports that the outlook on Aaa-rated Alaska has been revised by bond credit rating business Moody's Investors Service from stable to negative as a result of the threat posed by declining oil prices on the state's budgetary reserve. Report details discussed include Alaska expected to...
- Market Post: Heavy Bid-Wanted Lists Surface in Quiet Session. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;12/18/2014, p21
The article offers information on the increase in the demand of bid-wanted lists on year-end bargains by U.S. investors. Topics include the weak opening of Muncipal bonds, the possible impact of steady global oil prices on long municipals, and the Central Bank's announcement regarding the...
- Prices Rise Ahead of Busy Week for Economic Data. Curran, William; Scarchill, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32367, p2
The article reports on the modest improvement of municipal bonds as oil prices decline in the U.S. Economic traders stated that yields declined by two or three basis points as prices increased. The bids in high-grade sector were strong backed by gains in Treasuries. The Federal Open Market...
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down, Thanks to Wary Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p29
Reports on the decline of "The Bond Buyer's" yield index following a wary market facing high oil prices in the U.S. Reduction of the municipal bond yields in reaction to the July inflation number; Decrease of the consumer price index; Volatility of the economy.
- Munis Little Changed, But Underlying Tone Improves as Oil Prices Climb. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p2
Reports on the impact of high oil prices on the bond market in the U.S. Effect of the oil price increase on the municipal bonds; Expectation of the bond market for the Federal Reserve Board to pause its tightening policy; Decline in the treasury yields.
- Latest Municipal Cuts Worry Street. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p11
Focuses on the key concern of the market participants in the municipal bond market. Functions of fixed income staff in bond trading; Reduction of public finance department; Issuance of muni bond.
- Bond fund outflows reach new highs as QE doubts persist. Jackson, Gary // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/18/2013, p23
The article reports on the development of bond funds in Great Britain. It mentions that the investors contributed 14.45 billion dollars from fixed income with the redemptions in high yield, intermediate term and municipal bond funds. It focuses on the outflow of mortgage backed and long term...
- Municipals get a lift from govies; Indiana, Ohio deals priced, repriced. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on February 17, 1999. Performance of municipal bonds; Decline of the fixed-income markets; Pricing of Indiana Health Facilities Finance Authority's hospital revenue bonds; Restructuring of the Ohio Housing Finance Authority's...