- Governors' group opens trade office in Moscow. // Business America;8/23/93, Vol. 114 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the establishment of the National Governors' Association office in Moscow, Russia. Purpose of the project; Duration; Review upon expiration of one-year period.
- Governors Pressure President for Fiscal Help. Richard, Alan // Education Week;3/5/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p18
Focuses on concerns of the National Governors Association regarding economic crisis and federal education mandates. Response of the U.S. president to fiscal help requests of the Association; Discussion on early childhood programs.
- Governors on other side. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;02/10/97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p2
Reports that the National Governors' Association in the United States, passed a resolution at its meeting in Washington D.C., opposing per-capita caps on federal Medicaid spending. Other issues opposed by the National Governors' Association; Need to control spending in the United States.
- Rethinking state development policies and programs. Kayne, Joseph A.; Shonka, Molly E. // Economic Development Review;Fall94, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p68
Discusses the policies resolved by the National Governors' Association (NGA) of the United States concerning the use of public subsidies and incentives for private investments. Impact of international trade agreements on the policies concerning incentives; Updating of state policies toward...
- Governors briefed on women and minority engineers. // Liberal Education;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p54
Reports on the National Governors' Association (NGA) Women and Minorities in Engineering Project Advisory Committee's publication of its report `Supply of Women and Minority Engineers: An Agenda for State Action.' Report's features; Other papers published by the committee; Contact information.
- Governors' bipartisan Medicaid proposal falls short of breakthrough, advocates say. // Primary Care Weekly;2/19/96, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the National Governors' Association's endorsement of a bipartisan proposal on Medicaid. Potential compromise between Congressional Republicans and President Bill Clinton on the Medicaid issue; Shortcomings of the proposal; Medicaid eligibility for pregnant women and children to age six.
- Put Liberal National Governors' Association on the chopping block. Muska, Dowd // Human Events;06/20/97, Vol. 53 Issue 23, p12
Discusses the political activities of the National Governors' Association's that affect its existence as a bipartisan national organization in the United States. Participation in the `I Am Your Child' campaign sponsored by politicians, activists and the Hollywood left; NGA's ideological bent.
- Budget deal leaves execs cold. Berkman, Leslie // AHA News;2/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the frustration of hospital executives over the policy accord on Medicaid reached by the National Governors' Association of the United States. Granting of freedom to states to design their own Medicaid plans in response to local needs; Promise of a federal-funding formula; Views of...
- Ganging up on the governors. Mahtesian, Charles // Governing;Aug97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p23
Presents information on the National Governors' Association (NGA). Why people consider the NGS a captive of ideological interest; How NGA is funded; Details on the NGA's Medicaid proposal; Comments from Vermont Democrat Howard Dean, a former NGA chairman.