Georgia County Prepares Sewer Deal As Atlanta Does Same
- Phoenix Looks for Low Rates on $610M Water System Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/2/2014, Issue 34219, p1
Phoenix plans to raise $155.2 million for new water projects and lower the interest cost on outstanding debt with a combined $610 million issue.
- Tapping the source. Robinson, David // Business Mexico;Aug1996, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the issuance of municipal bonds to the international investment community as a means of raising funds to finance municipal water supply projects in Mexico. Establishment of a legal structure for Mexican municipal bonds; Risk of devaluation; Rating of the risk.
- New York City Forced to Get Creative In Handling Ballooning Budget Deficits. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p3
Reports on the decision of the city officials for closing the projected out-year gaps for financing local government bonds in New York City. Failure to achieve debt service savings; Remarks from former comptroller Alan Hevesi on the issue; Discussion on policy changes by the officials.
- Bridgeport Readies 1st Pension Bond Sale Under State Oversight. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;08/15/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30954, p4
Reports that Bridgeport, Connecticut, city government is preparing to sell $350 million of taxable pension debt as the first pension-bond sale under a state oversight-law. Rating for the general obligation bonds; Debt service on the bonds; Investment plan for the city.
- JeffCo Relies on Insurer for April 1 GO Warrant Payment. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;4/3/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33888, p5
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama has suspended paying debt service on its outstanding general obligation (GO) warrants for a year until such debt service can be restructured under the county's plan of adjustment.
- MICHIGAN: Water SRF Stays Triple-A. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/3/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32726, p9
The article reports on the affirmation made by Fitch Ratings Ltd., Standard & Poor's Corp., and Moody's Investors Service Inc. to their triple-A ratings for the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority's clean water state revolving fund revenue bond program. The ratings reflect the authority's strong...
- Regional water authority outlook runs hot and cold. HALCOM, CHAD // Crain's Detroit Business;9/15/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p0001
The article discusses the money that the regional Great Lakes Water Authority can raise to fund water and sewer systems improvements in metro Detroit, Michigan. Topics covered include the authority's legacy bond debt, the ability to issue bonds via the Michigan Finance Authority, and the...
- Downgrade Review for L.A.-Area Water District. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;8/19/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34363, p1
Moody's Investors Service placed on review for downgrade the Aa3 rating of Central Basin Municipal Water District's certificates of participation and adjustable rate refunding certificates of participation.
- Upscale CCRC Taps Reserves. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p1
The article reports that Clare at Water Tower, an upscale continuing care retirement community (CCRC), has tapped 554,000 dollars from its debt-service reserves to pay its November 15, 2009 debt-service in Chicago, Illinois. The CCRC struggled to meet its financial projections due to cost...